We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

Pomona, California
2 posts
Save Topic
what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

What is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio...I arrive on the 15th of June at 1205?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,765 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

Good easy way...by shuttle service...then by public bus...

roadadvisor

Pomona, California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

thank you so much for your reply...do you recommend a shuttle service? Will they take me right to Manual Antonio?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,765 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

Shuttle services from San Jose...are hotel to hotel service...you can contact...Inerbus or Grayline...

Interbus has a HUV by international Airport Juan Santamaria...at restaruante Callaloo...just 5 minutes from terminal...

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

Interbus and Grayline are the easist for semi-public transport. You can also fly on Sansa or Nature Air, just watch the extra luggage or it gets expensive. There is also the option for a private driver, prices run around $160 one way. All of them are great options, but much depends on your hour of departure as to what you will work best for you! Enjoy!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

I find flying the way to go if you are not on a budget. It is approximately $70 after taxes unless you happen to catch one of the deals they occasionally have. Sansa is right at the main airport nextdoor and Nature Air is about a 20 minute drive away at a different airport. They are very small planes so that is why there is a weight restriction with luggage. It is for safety. The flight only takes 20 minutes so in no time you are at your destination. They have shuttles at the Quepos airport that will then take you to your hotel for $6. In June the schedule is lighter so there are no later flights. You would have to arrive in the country fairly early to ensure getting through customs in time or else stay in Alajuela and leave first thing in the morning.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

We have been bouncing back and forth between flying and taking the Interbus or Grayline. To be honest I'm a bit terrified to get on such a little plane so words of encouragement would be helpful! (:

We're going to MA the end of October and arrive at 2:35 pm at SJO so it looks like we'll probably need to wait until the next morning to leave. Any suggestions on hotels to stay the night and any idea on who much it will cost?

I also saw there is an Express Bus that leaves from the Coca Cola stop for $5.50. Is this safe or am I better off flying or taking the shuttle service? If we take this then we could get to MA the same day we arrive.

Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

All of these are good options, depending on your budget and amount of time you have. I've used all and usually have 1-3 flights per trip and 1-3 Interbus legs.

For blueeyed - Have you considered heading for the Caribbean coast in October rather than Manuel Antonio? You will probably see a lot more sun...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
675 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

Travelicious -

We're going at the end of October into the beginning of November. Actually right now I just re-held tickets from Nove.ber 1 - 9. I was told it will rain, but it won't be a lot just probably at some point during the day. I'm assuming the sun will be shining when it's not raining? Bad assumption?

Have you taken the express bus before? How is it? Is it safe?

Thanks!

9. Re: what is the best way to get from San Jose to Manual Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio