We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabinas Ramirez = Condemned

Chicago, IL
1 post
Save Topic
Cabinas Ramirez = Condemned

Less than a month ago, a friend and I were backpacking along the Pacific coast of Costa Rica and this was the only bad experience we had. Upon arriving in Manuel Antonio, she and I checked in to Cabinas Ramirez (she had stayed there just two months prior).

While checking in, we were asked to wait five minutes for them to ready the room. We thought, no problem, five minutes is nothing. Upon being shown the room, we were then asked by "Oscar" to give him 3000 colones so we could get a special rate, but we were under no circumstances to tell the front desk.

After going to the beach, we noticed on the way back that every other door, except the cabina we were in, had a sticker across the door and an official looking band around the gate that loosely translated to "Condemned by the Costa Rican Health Ministry." Obviously we were not happy.

We got out of there as soon as we could and attempted to get our money back, no go. DO NOT STAY HERE. Worst experience of my ten-day trip. Thank God for Hotel Verde Mar.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Hotel Verde Mar
Hotel Verde Mar
597 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,669 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabinas Ramirez = Condemned

My God...that is terrible! Sorry!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabinas Ramirez = Condemned

Sorry to hear about your troubles at Cabinas Ramirez, that place is really a dump and should have been condemned many years ago. For travelers in the future, please note that when someone asks for money and you are prohibited to tell anyone else, that is a clear sign that something is fishy and you should go somewhere else! That goes for anywhere in the World! Nonetheless, we hope you enjoyed your stay in Costa Rica, it truly is paradise (just not Cabinas Ramirez!)!!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
3. Re: Cabinas Ramirez = Condemned

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 05:18