We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

My wife and I are headed to MA in november and after reading many of your reviews and recommendations, decided to book at Tulemar.

That being said, we've got 2 options to us for the time we are going to be there. The first is to stay in the Lower Level of Casa Panorama for the 3 days we will be there OR we stay 1 night in the lower level of Mot Mot, then transfer to the upper level of Mot Mot for the next 2 nights.

After all is said and done, we will be paying about the same price total, so that isn't an issue. Also... Diego, who everyone raves about, manages both properties, so that isn't an issue either.

Anyone have insight into which property may be better than the other, or is it a wash? The only thing I can think of is that staying in the upper Mot Mot will be the best view of them all (except the upper of Casa Panorama)

Thanks for all your help

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,674 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

I'm with you ...I was there a few hours ago...I love upper Mot Mot...no way you can go wrong!

And yes Diego is an incredible person...and also costarican!

roadadvisor from Costa Rica and IN COSTA RICA!

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

www.tulemar.com Mot Mot upper level best when I was there

but all are fine there are nice costa ricans and nice non costa ricans

all of whom are nice to tourists and love Costa Rica.

No xenophobes there unlike some posts on thorntree.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

The higher you go, the better the views! Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,674 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

Nice point QWOVADIS...now please help me trying to understand this horrible question posted yesterday here... it is xenophibia or how we can call it ?

"A few requested that l ask about the "tica" situation .... availability and pricing ..... "

Incredible...

Roadadvisor from Costa Rica and proud to be Costa Rican

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

Both the lower and upper Mot-Mot are great as well as the property...I haven't seen the panorama.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,674 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

Agree with LivNLarge...100%...you really know the area well....

Gracias ...good answer!

Roadadvisor from Costa Rica and IN COSTA RICA!

Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
648 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

So, what did you decide, PJBoardin? My family and I are going to CR in Feb. and will be staying at Panorama upper. We initially wanted Mot Mot from all the great reviews, but it wasn't available for our dates - so we're gonna do Panorama, it looks lovely to us. When are you going?

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
996 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

Hi...I live in Tulemar....right between Villa Mot Mot and Casa Panorama....both are great....but I would stay with Villa Mot Mot, even though you will have to switch.....tropical, rustic luxury is how I describe Villa Mot Mot and the balcony is wonderful.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

We decided on Villa Mot Mot. Figured we should take advantage of the upper level, even if we have to switch after the first night.

Thanks to everyone for the great advice. We are leaving a month from today, so I will let you know how we like it! Thanks again!

10. Re: Villa Mot Mot vs. Casa Panorama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 06:17