We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Samba

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Casa Samba

My husband and I along with our three daughters (ages 11,15, and 17) and my parents will be in Manuel Antonio in March of 2011. We are thinking of staying at Casa Samba. We would also like to hire a private chef--any suggestions? Also wondered if we will be able to walk to the beach or if we should consider renting a car for the week.

Mentioned in this post
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Samba

Casa Samba is beautiful and the views are breathtaking. I stayed there earlier this year with my family and they absolutely loved it. I could hardly get my sister and brother-in-law to leave the house - they were perfectly happy splashing around in the ocean view pool all day long!

I highly recommend Chef Leo - he is amazing. We only hired him for one grand meal at the end of our stay but we regretted not having him around earlier! He exceeded our expectations and pleased each and every one of us!

You'll certainly need a car in Manuel Antonio. The beach is a bit too far away to walk and I don't recall a sidewalk on the main road to the beach - very dangerous for kids!

Mentioned in this post
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Samba

Thanks for the reply. How can I get in touch with Chef Leo?

San Jose, Costa Rica
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Samba

Unfortunately, I don't know how to get in touch with Chef Leo direct. We rented through Escape Villas and found him through their concierge services. I'm sorry I can't be of more help with this - I guess I should have thought of that before making the recommendation!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Samba

You will definaly need a rent a car if you are planning to visit the beaches a lot, The house is located about 2 milles of the beach but the road is all up the hill and not sidewalks. About the chef is better if you get one from the Escape Villas. Let us know if you have more questions. NATUREGUIDE

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Samba

That is a nice rental home. Since you have 5 pax in your group, I think it is easier with a car, but the bus stop is about a 5-10 minute walk too, so you can go that way, and it is cheap to get around. Taxis cost around $6, but you have to request one that will fit that many adults. Walking around this area is definitely for the physically fit, so again, you may prefer the car. Your house concierge will set you up with the chef, there are many in our area that are excellent. Enjoy!

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Samba

I have emailed Roger Morales about being our chef for the week. Anyone know of him?

WNY
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Samba

When you check in, talk to "Big Ricky", the concierge of casa Samba. He would hook you up with either chef Leo or other chefs that are just as capable. Enjoy your stay there. You will absolutely love the house and the place.

WNY
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Samba

When you check in, talk to "Big Ricky", the concierge of casa Samba. He would hook you up with either chef Leo or other chefs that are just as capable. Enjoy your stay there. You will absolutely love the house and the place.

Edited: 04 February 2011, 23:36
Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Samba

Have had great success with Chef Roger Morales, he is very popular in our area. Enjoy!

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Samba

Chef Roger was very prompt in answering my email and providing a quote for the week. I also hear he is an expert surfer so may try to talk him into providing a surf lesson for my kids one day in lieu of cooking dinner:)