We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

miami, florida
Level Contributor
195 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

In the preliminary stage of planning our vacation to CR. About a year ago I saw some tree houses with alot of glass in the bedroom, so you could see many monkeys right outside of your bedroom window. Can't seem to find. If not a tree house, looking for a place to stay where we can see monkeys up close to our room. For now I plan to visit La Fortuna and Manuel Antonio. Thanks for suggestions.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,524 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

Nice question....maybe one of the bungalows at Tulemar...I stayed there a few times and your description fit some of the bungalows...

www.tulemar.net

roadadvisor

miami, florida
Level Contributor
195 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

I am afraid it is not. This place had only a few tree houses. I am looking into Tulemar, but it is very expensive. At this point, I am looking for any place that where we can see monkeys up close.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
307 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

Maybe it was the Mot Mot unit at Tulemar? Scroll to the bottom to see the rates, which are lower.

http://www.4tulemar.com/motmot.html

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

I think the Falls was adding some treehouses or something, dont really know anything about them but take a look - http://www.fallsresortcr.com/Treehouses.html

Creston, Canada
Level Contributor
524 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

On the Caribbean side near Puerto Viejo is a place called Samasati Nature Reserve. We rented a private cabin that sits on the edge of a mountain overlooking the primary jungle. Very close to being a tree house.

We saw many Howlers, Capuchines, and Squirrel monkeys from the deck of cabin. Also two and three toed sloths, toucans, parrots and many other tropical birds. Green/Black and red frogs

A great place for nature lovers

Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

I'm thrown by your reference to "glass" and the fact that you posted in the Manuel Antonio sub-forum, and then said that "for now" you're thinking MA. Assuming "glass" can mean "open-sided with screens," and that the tree houses could be down near the Golfo Dulce, is it possible that the place you vaguely remember is http://www.fincabellavista.net/ ?

miami, florida
Level Contributor
195 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

Thank you, I will check this place out.

miami, florida
Level Contributor
195 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

The tree houses have large windows all around . They are surrounded by trees that are inhabited by monkeys. I believe the property is owned by a couple and there are about 3 or 4 tree houses. I posted in MA because I have read that in this area is the greatest concentration of monkeys. I have a feeling that this place no longer exists. So I am looking for the next best option. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,434 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

Maybe this

discoverybeachouse.com/monkey_house/monkeyho…

however there is only one and the same couple - Evelyn and Dave own another luxury house.

raquel

Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stay in Tree House Surrounded by Monkeys

another link you could evaluate: treehouseincostarica.com/treehouse-in-costa-…