We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in the park

Canada
Level Contributor
491 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear in the park

We're hoping to spend a couple of days in the park, zip-lining and going for nature walks. What clothes should we pack?

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga
Level Contributor
705 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in the park

when are you going? we were just there & wore shorts, tank top/t-shirt, keen sandals & Bug Spray!- very warm in February-easy hiking- did not zipline at MA - think it just depends on when you are there-

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in the park

The dress code is mostly the same for all tours in the area. Light weight clothing (usually shorts), good tennis shoes or Teva style sandals. We do not have much of a bug problem, but when in doubt, best to use the repellent and always be sure to use sunscreen. Enjoy!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear in the park

I always wear pants when hiking here (near Volcano Arenal) but at Manuel Antonio you could go in shorts & tee, no problem. I'd wear your bathing suit under and go for a swim after your hike. :-) Casual clothing works 98% of the places!!! For the zip lines you just need to make sure you have shoes that are secure (no flip flops but tevas or other sandals with straps are fine). Make sure you bring a hat, sunscreen, small flashlight or headlamp, bug spray & you're good to go. :-)

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,090 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear in the park

Just bring a couple of jeans and some t shirts...very casual...some zip lines can be sometimes a little oil around the cables...weare clothes that you really do not love that much any more...

Maybe nice to bring a pair a soft hiking boots...

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in Paradise!

New York City
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear in the park

Hi Wendy,

Curious why a headlamp or flashlight is needed. I'm heading to Manuel Antonio on Saturday, and finishing up my packing. Would appreciate any other advice or suggestions. A little concerned about bugs.

Thanks,

Nancy

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear in the park

since you are writting in the MA park, i supose that it is about that park, the park has a nice trail, so walking shoes will do ok, and light clothes, and water and sun screen, but more than that, please hire a naturalist guide at the entrance of the park, this makes a world of difference, you wll get the most out of your trip, very entertained, really, there are some guides in uniform at the parks entrance,

about other parks, with rougher trails, better hiking boots and long light pants, a hat is always a good option,

if you plan to go by rincon de la vieja volcano there are a group of guides that you can arrange with guiasrincondelavieja@yahoo.es

7. Re: What to wear in the park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 13:17