We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

I am planning a trip to Costa Rica with destinations in Arenal, Monteverde and Manuel Antonio during Christmas - New Year week. How far in advance should I make hotel reservations? Several hotels in MA - Si Como No are showing no availability. Is that because theyare already booked or because they aren't accepting reservations for those dates yet? Thanks!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

You need to book now, Christmas and Easter are the absolute busiest times here. You are not seeing availability because there most likely isn't any...

Cheers & Good Luck

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

Agree with INCA...incredible but already some hotels are sold out for the last week of december!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

I'm not quit sure hotels are already booked up for Xmas time.

My guessing is that they want to avoid travel agency bookings, in order not to pay commissions; I know at least three hotels that have space for that time. I suggest write a note to the hotels. Do not use there on site booking engines. As a matter of a fact, Si Como No redirect you to a manual form, after displaying no availability.

However INCA is absolutely right: book as soon as you can.

Chesapeake, Va
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

We will be travelling to the same region over Christmas break, what hotels do you recommend? Looking for something family friendly, beachfront and reasonably priced for south of Jaco. Any suggestions?

PNW
Level Contributor
642 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

I am already booked for that time period as things do fill up as peak time. Some places I looked into were full and that changed areas I was visiting also. Si Como No did not display availability when I checked but did come up with a few rooms when i emailed them so I would contact hotels via email and see. Many of the engines like Travel Consultant said say No availability but they do have when contacted directly.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

Sure.

To be honest, south of Jaco, there is only Manuel Antonio. I mean there are a few place like, Playa Bandera, Monterrey del Mar and Parrita, but they are not nearly developed as Jaco or Manuel Antonio. So, I guess you "must" stay in Manuel Antonio. Hotels here use to get really crowded starting around the 22nd Dec, as per so I highly recommend start looking for you accommodation now. Now, as per beachfront, I guess there is only one - not so reasonably priced - but very good hotel: Arenas del Mar. If you are not so interested in beachfront (all hotels are in a 2 - 3 miles range from the beach), you can start looking for space here : Hotel Parador, La Mariposa (**** Stars). On the main road: Hotel Byblos (*** Stars), Si Como No (**** Stars), The Falls (*** Stars, but excellent), Hotel Casitas Eclipse (*** Stars, but excellent), Costa Verde (**** Stars, but excellent) (these ones are on the main road towards the beach, as per the farest Hotel Byblos). They are all family friendly.

Good luck, and have a nice vacation in our country.

PS

Stars are my personal opinion.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

Nice affordable hotels near the public beach in Manuel Antonio...La Posada Inn...Inn On the Park...Cabinas Hotel Espadillas, Cabinas Hotel El Bosque...Hotel San Bada.....nice most of them...and affordable!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

Totally agree with all of you guys, for christmas season many hotels get full three months before

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

Definitely book now for Christmas or New Yrs dates. Affordable hotels towards the beach depends on what one considers affordable, but if you have kids you may want to consider Byblos, The Falls, Costa Verde, Hotel Verde Mar or Playa Espadilla. For a little more high end you might like Tulemar, Arenas del Mar, Si Como No or Los Altos. Your kids will love Costa Rica, so Enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Reservation - Manuel Antonio

Thank you all for detailed responses. I did make all the hotel reservations. How far in advance should I make reservation for activities or would there be availability on the day of activity during peak season?