We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

My family (parents and two adult children) are planning a trip to Costa Rica in January. Which would you recommend in the Manuel Antonio area??

We want nice accommodations, beach access (whether directly on the beach or free shuttle service), and monkeys would be a plus too! We would also like the option to venture out to check out restaurants, etc.

If this makes a difference, we will not be renting a car.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

My vote goes for Tulemar...everything you are looking for and even more!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

Good afternoon EmilyL8487

Well, there is also Arenas del Mar, which is right on the beach.

However, to answer your question... Tulemar has an access to a beach, called Tulemar beach (not so original, but makes sense...).Si Como No has a shuttle service to the Manuel Antonio main beach, and Hotel Parador is walking distance from Biesantz beach.

Now, if you are looking for hotel services, I would definitively go with Hotel Parador, but it must be said that the other hotels mentioned are very good.

Saludos

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

Tulemar-hands down! I've stayed at several different hotels in the Manuel Antonio Area within the last 6 months and Tulemar is 1st class service all the way! The bungalows and houses are in perfect condition, the pools are spread out with sloths, monkeys and toucans visiting daily and whenever you want to go to the beach you dial zero and they come and get you with a smile. We love this place & will definitely be going back! :-) Enjoy your time in paradise!

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,879 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

all 3 hotels are nice, I agree with the above on Tulemar, but any of them are good choices including Arenas del Mar mentioned by Travel_consultant

Cheers

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

For 2 adults and 2 adult children Villa Mot Mot at Tulemar might be a good fit for you. A little different there than some hotels with a concierge desk but very nice, beautiful grounds and a great "private" beach with boogie boards and kayaks. Note: last I heard breakfast was not included and the restaurant had closed (although that may have been temporary). It's a steep walk up the hill, that said the van will pick you up with just a couple minutes notice and shuttle you up where you'll be within walking distance of other restaurants.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

Tulemar gets my vote too, though Arenas del Mar is a great option for what you describe. Parador is the largest hotel in the area, though a bit isolated at the end of the long road it's on, and Si Como No is a great hotel, but from what you say you prefer, I think the first hotels would suit you better. Enjoy!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

From your question my answer would be Hotel Si Como No, BUT as many members that answered to your question, I can recommend Hotel Arenas del Mar for your trip (direct access to the beach) and a five star service!

Madison
Level Contributor
204 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

I would say traveling with family and wanting everything at your fingertips (nature, view, beach, pools, bar, restaurants) in one place go with Parador. Its beautiful. However you will be a ways from the main drag.

If you stay at Si Como No you will have all of those things and be right near the bus stop, other restaurants, shops, 5 minutes from Playa Espadilla and Natl park, and MOST IMPORTANTLY near the busiest crossing area for the Capuchin and Howler monkeys. They cross the road right down the street from Si Como No. Tulemar is really nice. Didnt stay the night but got to see the property and some of the units 2 years ago. Only thing I would say is it is more like a condo stay. If that is what you are looking for their beach is awesome. So without knowing the age of family members and whether you like to trek and bus around I would say go with Parador....lots to do.

Have a great time

MadmanWI

9. Re: Tulemar Bungalows v. Si Como No v. Parador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 10:18