We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good place?

Im staying at a house rental in "Quepos" is this a good area to stay at? what should i know about this town?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place?

Is the house rental actually in the town of Quepos? Or is it somewhere along the Quepos Manuel Antonio road. Where it is will make a difference in what we can tell you about the immediate area near the rental and the good and bad things.

If you are actually referring to the town Many people who come to the area avoid Quepos. In Quepos you will find a mix of Ticos and expats. Granted, it is not an overly pretty town. However, there are various shops, restaurants and services that could be of interest to people visiting the area.

Please read my trip report (which is also posted as the Top Question on the right side of the Quepos Forum. Since it is over a year old - some of the specific places mentioned may have closed or changed - but it will give you a general idea of what to expect in the town itself.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k36670…

In general the Quepos?MA area is very tourist friendly with a good choice of accommodation, restaurants, tour opportunities, nice beaches and National Park. Most tourists tend to stay in the part termed as Manuel Antonio - which basically takes in anywhere along the 7 km road from the town of Quepos to MA beach/park and the various roads branching off the main road. That area is more scenic and has more nature. But even there things like views and wildlife you might see vary with location.

pura vida

raquel

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place?

I'm staying at this rental call "Casa del toro"

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place?

The house looks absolutely amazing! It says it's new so it will be hard to get any reviews about it although the location sounds like it's on the side of Quepos overlooking the new marina. The new marina is actually quite nice looking and having that as one of your views would not be bad at all. :-) This sounds like a good place since I wouldn't usually advise people to stay in "downtown Quepos" unless they wanted to save money or have a more cultural Costa Rican experience since it's a busy little town. Enjoy!

Wendy, La Fortuna (formerly from Redondo Beach, CA) :-)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place?

Some areas of Quepos are kind of ugly...a lot of small houses next to each other...up and down hills..but in general people are very nice..

I like the way Raquel talk about Quepos...and she knows the area better than many people...she loves Manuel Antonio and Quepos...and knows almost everything about the area... follow her advice...she spend a lot of time during the year visiting and staying in Quepos and Manuel Antonio...we hope to have more people like her!

roadadvisor

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place?

thank you! i love the house and i just think everywhere you go you have to be cautious about your surroundings and i rather be where there's not alot of tourism. I guess i have doubt because my group of friend are skeptical about renting a house since we have never done this! and they just want to be safe. thanks for all the advice. if there's anymore good tips pass them on to me.. thank you everyone.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good place?

Casa del Toro is a beautiful home, I had a wedding party rent it and several other homes a few months ago. They loved it in every way. It is located on the way to the park, outside of Quepos with great views of everything and squirrel monkeys on their deck. This house has a great outdoor living and pool area that the group had a big pre-wedding dinner catered and they said it worked perfect for them. Enjoy!

7. Re: Good place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2012, 00:17