We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
4 posts
Save Topic
Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

Does anyone recommend one of the other for rafting on the Savagre River?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

I have used Iguana Tours and they did a great job on their rafting tour. I have heard that Amigos del Rio are also very good but I have not used them.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

Dear Nora

I deal most of the time with Iguana Tours ...they have been around for many years.. agree with our collegue Travel Agent from prior post!

Just ask them to give you the ICT number if possible Secreatry of Tourism...any soft adventure tour most have a Declaratoria Turistica...reason...to get the Declaratoria they most qualify with the requirements, and Safety protocols...required by our Health Dpt..

But in this case I can easily said that they both are fullly certified by our govermmnet!

roadadvisor

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

I have myself used Iguana Tours. From that experience, I recommend them to friends visiting in the area. They also provide other tours which are equally wonderful. Have a great time! Lisa

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

I have used Iguana Tours and they were great, so another vote for them!

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

I prefer to use Amigos del Rio. I frankly have had several issues with Iguana not showing up at the time specificed by THEM, or not having clients names and taking other clients on a tour, etc. Also, I like Amigos del Rio does alot to protect our rivers. Either way, you will love the Savegre....great fun!

6. Re: Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 November 2011, 19:05
Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

Kind of repetitious, but I have also used Iguana a couple of times, never had an issue and the tours were fun. Have had friends and family use them as well and same experience.

I am aware of Amigos del Rio and have heard good things about them but no first hand experience. I like hearing that they are involved with conservation though. IMO you would be in good hands with either tour operator.

Cheers

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

Good afternoon Nora L L

if you still have doubts, there is a third company to check out: Rancho Los Tucanes.

Saludos

9. Re: Iguana Tours or Amigos del Rio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 05:17