We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas Oasis- Many great reviews- Just 1 post though

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Villas Oasis- Many great reviews- Just 1 post though

So in following some of the threads lately, I have had a quick education about phoney posts. I have learned many companies solicit friends/people they know to make phoney overrated posts to attract business.

Vilas Oasis has stellar reviews, # 1 in specialty lodging. But many of the reviews come from people with just one review, I didnt really know that I should have looked at the profiles of the reviewers. So I have already booked at Villas Oasis, any opinions?

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas Oasis- Many great reviews- Just 1 post though

That is a very sensitive topic since it is hard to judge if the reviews are real. I can tell you the many of the clients that do tours with our company and they do their review, sometimes it will also be their first review. In our case we really work hard and very nicely we ask our clients to take their time to write the review. We feel the when a service was provide and the client feels the service exceeded their expectations, they will do the review. I persoanlly know the owners of Villas Oasis and they are very honest people that will do anything to make you feel comfortable and happy in their place. You can also send PM to some of the reviewers and ask personally about their experience. NATUREGUIDE

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas Oasis- Many great reviews- Just 1 post though

Thank you, you have been a great help in some of my previous posts too.

Sometimes I am a bit too trusting and I just wanted to make sure. Im excitedly awaiting our trip to Villas Oasis.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas Oasis- Many great reviews- Just 1 post though

Well...you'll be able to post a very honest review once you've stayed there and then we'll all know for sure!

Thanks,

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas Oasis- Many great reviews- Just 1 post though

Villas Oasis is a beautiful place! I have recommended this place several times even though I have not stayed here personally I have had friends stay here. I've visited several times and really think this is a great place to stay. There are so many fake reviews on Trip Advisor...for restaurants, for hotels and for rental homes....I can't imagine VIllas Oasis is one of them.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villas Oasis- Many great reviews- Just 1 post though

You are right to be weary of fake reviews, as mentioned...it is a big part of Tripadvisor. There are both fake positive reviews and sometimes damaging negative reviews posted by resentful exemployees, competition or even travelers that threaten bad reviews to get what they want. Either way, it is not wise to post a bunch of good reviews by friends or whoever and not be able to live up to them, or you will REALLY get backlash on Tripadvisor reviews. Therefore, take it as a sign that whether real or not, they are going to try to make sure you have a great stay at their Villas. Enjoy!

6. Re: Villas Oasis- Many great reviews- Just 1 post though

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2013, 10:33