We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

Hoping to spend a 4 night vacation in CR in Mid-January. Is it possible to see the beach and the rainforest is such short trip? Any suggestions?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

Go to Manuel Antonio and you will get both. The rain forest meets the ocean. Great area, user friendly, lots of options for tours. That would get my vote

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

Dear BAm...maybe try manuel Antonio...nice beach and low land Pacific forest...and just 3 hours from SJO..

Or you can go to Arenal...just 3 hours from SJO...then...to Manuel Antonio about 4 hours...then back to SJO 3 hours..in that way you will see forest and beach...be sure to dealt with certified tour companies ...by ICT!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

Manuel Antonio isn´t a rainforest but is very similar, we have very green vegetacion and amazing beaches. What kind of budget do you have? We will be happy to recomend you some hotel and tours options. NATUREGUIDE

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

Sure, I'd love suggestions. My sister and I will be traveling with our mother... we're into adventure stuff and my mom likes to hike and kayak too, but certainly not ziplining. Is this park a good place for stay all 4 nights?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

IMO I think it is a good one to look at. actually natureguide DE for the area and the last poster has excellent reviews for guiding services and tours. You can reach him http://juanbrenes.blogspot.com/

There are plenty of things to do including everything you mentioned. Check out the Falls resort for a good hotel that will not break the bank. - http://www.fallsresortcr.com/

Alexandria, Va
Level Contributor
202 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

I was just there, and you can easily use 4 days. A day for hiking in the park and spending some beach time; a kayak trip; a walk around Quepos and/or a drive up to Jaco (cute town); other parks for hiking are within driving distance....our hotel listed about 10 tours of various kinds to do as well. We stayed at The Falls and really liked it - ask for a room away from the street - it is a really pretty property.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
969 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

pick one area....don't try to combine two.....you'll waste one day in transit.....I'd suggest Manuel Antonio.....the beach...the national park.....and so many fun things to do!

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

I think you will find the best of all worlds right here in Manuel Antonio. There are so many fun adventure tours available, with lush green rainforests full of wildlife (definitely use a guide in the park), as well as some of the prettiest beaches for relaxation too. I recommend spending your limited time here doing what you describe and save the driving for when you come back on the next visit! Enjoy!

9. Re: Need suggestions for 5 day / 4 night itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:15