We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a reasonably priced band to play at wedding?

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a reasonably priced band to play at wedding?

I am looking for a good band to play at my wedding reception in April. And suggestions? Does anyone know anything about Robbie Clark and the Live Wire Blues Band?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a reasonably priced band to play at wedding?

Blind Pigs or Chupacabre, both good blues/rock bands for hire. Define reasonably priced?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,376 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a reasonably priced band to play at wedding?

Hi,

Yes I have heard Robbie Clark and Livewire. Actually, like some of the other excellent musicians he has several configurations he plays with. He is a good guitarist and does blues, rock and some countryish stuff.

Another musician to look into is Ben Orton (Benjammin and the howlers). He too has several configurations - from a duo woth either a fiddler named nancy Buchan or another guitarist called Rob Simpson, to a full rock and Roll band. Much of his music is classic rock but he is versatile.

http://www.ozarkia.net/ben/

Another group that plays around town isThe Pura Vida Social Club. Some of the members sometimes play with Ben.

contact musicoslibres(at) yahoo.com

Unfortunately I am not sure of what any of them charge.

Am not familiar with the groups Inca mentioned. I do not think they are actually based in the Quepos/MA area as the above are.

good luck and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

raquel

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a reasonably priced band to play at wedding?

Yea they play around the central pacific

Chupacabres facebook.com/pages/…162766683760171

Blind Pigs - …facebook.com/pages/…141367415873817

I know some of the guys in each band and jammed with some on occasion, good folk, no idea what they charge but worth a look.

Cheers

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a reasonably priced band to play at wedding?

Robbie Clark of Livewire is excellent and very popular in the area. Not sure what he charges though. You can find him on Facebook. There are many other local bands, but I do not have any contact info for them. I assume this is for a wedding, are you using a wedding planner? Its alot easier if you let them do the planning and you relax and enjoy your event! Enjoy!

5. Re: Suggestions for a reasonably priced band to play at wedding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 10:31
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio