We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting snorkel gear?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
78 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
renting snorkel gear?

First trip to C.R.- leaving in 4 days - can't wait! We know that C.R. is not a great place for snorkeling and we aren't doing much beach time. Just Manuel Antonio and a short visit to Dominical. the rest of the time will be Monteverde, Arenal, and Central Valley. Would it make any sense to bring masks and snorkels? We are traveling with carry-on only. If we want to try a little snorkeling will we be able to rent gear? or should we not even bother?

thanks

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting snorkel gear?

For snorkelling not in Dominical but 8 miles South in Uvita Marino Ballena Park. You can snorlle yourself off the "Whales Tail" during low tide. You can rent your gear in Dolphine Tours right next to the park (can´t ,miss them) or organise a half day park snorklling by boat with http://www.bahiaaventuras.com/ or http://www.dolphintourcostarica.com/

Lockport, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting snorkel gear?

I'm headed to Dominical in a month or so as well as was wondering about renting kayaks. Will plan to spend a day or so in and around Marino Ballena and have looked at the Waves and Caves tour offered by various companies. I've done a fair amount of kayaking in the US (own one) and was wondering if we can just rent kayaks somewhere and maybe skip the guide fees? Any thoughts...

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: renting snorkel gear?

Most beach areas will have somewhere to rent snorkel equipment, so don't bring it with you. I'm not sure about kayak rentals in Dominical, but they rent them off the beaches of Manuel Antonio as well as Beisanz (also in Manuel Antonio) in case you will be in our area. The cost is around $15-$25 per day. Enjoy!

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: renting snorkel gear?

Sea Kayak rental without a guide in Marino Ballena, talk to Cliff at Villa Leonor Beach Club 1/2 mile on your right (comming from Uvita) after the entrance Cristal Ballena Hotel. The others I know go out with guides

5. Re: renting snorkel gear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2013, 10:31
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...