We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MA weather in late August

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
MA weather in late August

I am considering adding MA to my trip in August, but wondering how the weather will be that time of year...I know they tend to get pretty heavy rains in August, so not sure if it is worth driving down there. Any thoughts would be great.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MA weather in late August

I think it is still worth it if you want to see Manuel Antonio. In August, they usually still have nice mornings, with heavier rains in the late afternoon. The first half of the month will be less rainy. Everything is lush and beautiful at that time of the year, so if you are willing to take an afternoon siesta its worth the trip.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: MA weather in late August

Chances are that you will get some showers but you still get many hours of sun during the day. It is a great Raniforest and beach area to visit. Very green, beautiful beaches.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MA weather in late August

Agree with the above. Weather is tricky here but sunny mornings and rain coming in the mid afternoon around 2 or 3 is the norm.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,294 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MA weather in late August

There were two hot sunny days in August of 2011. It might be raining heavily during the day. Yet the rain season is nothing similar to a monsoon season in Asia. However it surely is not worth driving from New York down to Manuel Antonio. Way too much driving, better beaches much closer in Mexico.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: MA weather in late August

It's a great time of year to come. Sunny days, rain in the early evenings and thru the night, usually waking up to another gorgeous day. Best part....no crowds, better pricing!! Enjoy!

6. Re: MA weather in late August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio