We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leave from Manuel Antonio same day as 3:00pm flight?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Leave from Manuel Antonio same day as 3:00pm flight?

American Airlines has changed our departing international flight time to 3:40pm out of SJO. I had been planning to stay the last night in Alajuela but now I think that it may be nice to spend one more night in MA.

Would this be unwise to try and travel to SJO on the same day as our international flight? I've heard a lot about road conditions being too unpredictable.

Also, I would need a place to stay for the last night in MA since the hotel we will be staying at the nights before is booked. Is Hotel San Bada okay for a night? I am not trying to spend a ton of money for the last night.

Thanks, Scott

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
59 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leave from Manuel Antonio same day as 3:00pm flight?

Others will have to comment on the hotel, I'm not familiar with it, but I have done this twice (left MA in the AM for an afternoon flight) and both times we had plenty of time, even including returning a rental car, getting lost, stopping for photos, etc. The new road makes it much faster. I'd still leave early in the AM though, then you'll have time for lunch in Alajuela before your flight.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leave from Manuel Antonio same day as 3:00pm flight?

Last week we had 2pm flight out of San Jose and had no problem from MA. We had our shuttle pick us up around 8am, stopped to see the crocodiles on the way and made it with plenty of time to spare. Have a great time!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leave from Manuel Antonio same day as 3:00pm flight?

Great! That's what I was hoping. Thank you both for your replies!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leave from Manuel Antonio same day as 3:00pm flight?

NO problema...leaving MA by 10am...or even better 9AM...

San Bada is OK for one night...

roadadvisor

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leave from Manuel Antonio same day as 3:00pm flight?

San Bada has a great location - right near the entrance to MA National park and quite close to the public beach. Given that you will probably not check in that early and be leaving early it may actually be a waste to spend that night in that hotel if you can find somewhere even more reasonable in price.

I am only familiar with the outside of the hotel - so can't comment on rooms. But on the whole it gets good write ups. So if you feel the price is OK go for it.

Like the others I agree that you have enough time if you leave MA the same morning. You did not mention in this post how you are travelling. But we even do it taking the public bus.

raquel

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Leave from Manuel Antonio same day as 3:00pm flight?

Plenty of time for that trip, so spending another day by the beach is much better! San Bada is fine, a new hotel but a little pricey. Depending on your budget and amenities there are many options to choose from, But if you want to be right at the park entrance (can get a little busy there), then San Bada would work just fine. Enjoy!

7. Re: Leave from Manuel Antonio same day as 3:00pm flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 06:17