We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best boat tour with snorkelling with 8 year old

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Best boat tour with snorkelling with 8 year old

Looking for recommendation for boat tour that includes snorkelling from MA. My grandson and me will hopefully be down in a couple of weeks (if i could just get through to air canada to change my prior reservation elsewhere....sorry ... just needed to let off some steam there)

I'm seeing prior posts that recommend Planet Dolphin but I don't see anything on their sight that mentions snorkelling. He had his heart set on doing some snorkelling (he;s been practicing in the bathtub..LOL)

Edited: 08 February 2013, 21:06
Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best boat tour with snorkelling with 8 year old

This is a great company, and it absolutely includes the snorkeling (they supply the equipment). Enjoy!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best boat tour with snorkelling with 8 year old

When we did our snorkeling, there was a lot of sediment in the water and visibility was pretty bad. The sailing was fun though.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best boat tour with snorkelling with 8 year old

Volcanogirl makes a good point......the snorkeling in the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area is only "fair".......we do not have the crystal clear blue waters of some places in Mexico, Hawaii or the Caribbean.......we're on the hillside with lots of run off and many rivers that feed into the ocean......that said....the trip is fun......but if snorkeling is that important.....you can make the decision.

Tulemar Dave

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best boat tour with snorkelling with 8 year old

Thanks .. I did read that visiblility is iffy... he'll have fun just putting his snorkel gear on in the ocean vs the bathtub...he's very easy to please.

Edited: 14 February 2013, 00:22
Imlay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best boat tour with snorkelling with 8 year old

lesab...I am sure he will love it even if he only sees a couple fish! What a wonderful grandma for taking him on the trip.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best boat tour with snorkelling with 8 year old

You should get him one of those little disposable waterproof cameras. He'd have fun taking pictures of the boat and any fish that he sees. We did see some sergeant majors, but we had to be right on top of them to see them. We were there in rainy season so hopefully you'll have better luck!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best boat tour with snorkelling with 8 year old

Ah never even thought of the underwater camera...I do have a digital one but i would be scared he'd drop it and I don't go down under the water... i will have to buy one ,..we are also taking the trip to Tortuga Island so will come in handy. Thanks

Turkeytamer..thanks but I'm not great .. he's the one. He's quite enjoyable to be around on holiday. We've gone a few times now...this will be his first non all inclusive trip so I have forwarned him ,..no night shows or video games .. his response was he understands.. it's all about nature. So easy to please. Hope he stays that way for some woman when he grows up...LOL

8. Re: Best boat tour with snorkelling with 8 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio