We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MA Hotel

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
MA Hotel

Can't decide between the hotels - La Posada, Falls and San Bada. We have a car. We will be getting there after days of driving all over and 'roughing' it.. So want a restful place and also maximize time a the MA park. I dont think any of these will be a particularly bad choice but which do you prefer.. Our budget was about $150 a night. Which one do you prefer? Thanks

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,294 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MA Hotel

I have stayed at La Posada and have seen San Bada as it is just across the street from La Posada. These two fits into two separate categories. La Posada is very small lodge, with several cabinas and some rooms in the main building, two story high. Lush yet again, small property. Staff is friendly, and due to max capacity they will know you by name. San Bada is much bigger although not intimidating big building. I recon it has all the amenities of a big hotel, so it is very much up to your personal likes/dislikes. And both are positioned next door to the entrance of Park, and 3 min walk to the public beach. Oh, yes, I did chose La Posada so now you know my lodging preferences.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MA Hotel

Way to differnt one form the other...simple with nice people LA Posada...larger more like resort kind of place Sanbada...location the same...beaches around the same...close to park entrance the same...

roadadvisor

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MA Hotel

Thanks for your responses. Sounds like La Posada is what we are looking for.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MA Hotel

You are WELCOME...yes La Posada nice little place...run by great people...

roadadsvisor

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MA Hotel

Falls is not close to the beach and park, you need a car / bus to get to the beach from the hotel. San Bada is bigger than Posada, with ocean view and great friendly staff... La Posada same as San Bada, Posada staff is friendly, and it is the smallest hotel but fits into your $150 budget / night, both of them are great choice, enjoy your stay

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MA Hotel

All good if you don't mind the bussle at the park entrance then Posada or San Bada are great locations. For better overall food choices and tranquil atmosphere (but not close to beach or view), go with Falls which is nice too. Enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MA Hotel

Although the great reviews and the look of the place turned me on to La Posada.. i'm really looking forward to my stay and glad to see the experts like it.

Hudson, Iowa
Level Contributor
202 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MA Hotel

You will love LaPosada, this will be the 3rd time we have stayed there since 2010. Would never stay anywhere else, it's like a 2nd home.

9. Re: MA Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio