We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping House cleaners in private villas

casper
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping House cleaners in private villas

We are renting a house in Manuel and Someone will be cleaning the house.. Do we tip them every day or at the end of our stay..

Thanks

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping House cleaners in private villas

That's kind of a tricky question, really.

If you are sure it will be the same person, tip at the end of your stay. If you find that there are different people each day, then tip each day. You can find this out from the person who is renting you the house.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
551 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping House cleaners in private villas

I clean condos and home vacation rentals on Maui. You can ask your cleaners at the beginning if they will be the same ones cleaning til the end of your stay. Then just give them a tip at the end of your stay. It will be greatly appreciated!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,674 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping House cleaners in private villas

Great answer from going2 maui2000...great answer...GRACIAS!

roadadvisor

casper
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping House cleaners in private villas

Thank you I was going to ask also what do you tip per day... Always just stayed in Resorts I would think cleaning a whole house should pay more.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tipping House cleaners in private villas

Most people tip housekeeping at the end of their stay and the tips are split if there is more than one person cleaning or helping. That is nice of you to be considerate like that since tips factor in as a large part of incomes when you are working in tourism as most are only paid a minimum wage salary here and depend on those tips to help feed the family. Enjoy!

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tipping House cleaners in private villas

Agree 100% with the previous posters. Tipping would be very appreciated by your cleaner(s) as would you leaving shampoo, shower gel or other items that you don't need, but not instead of a cash tip. People waiting tables also rely heavily on tips to supplement their income. Have a great stay!

Chantilly, Virginia
Level Contributor
438 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tipping House cleaners in private villas

This is good to know...had not really thought about it. Thanks for the tip (pun intended!)

casper
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tipping House cleaners in private villas

Thanks for everyone advise, We had a great house keeper, and tipped at the end..Also left all are food we did not use. Boxed stuff, A whole jar of honey, Olive oil. Lots of good stuff. and tipped very well, We rented through Vacation villas, And Alex the managers wife cleaned She did a great job. and even did our laundry..

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tipping House cleaners in private villas

I don't see where this poster ever got an answer as to how much per day to tip house keepers at a Villa. I too would like to know what is typical. thanks.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tipping House cleaners in private villas

I don't see where this poster ever got an answer as to how much per day to tip house keepers at a Villa. I too would like to know what is typical. thanks.