We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arenas del Mar Ocean Breeze Room or Si Como No?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tustin, California
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Arenas del Mar Ocean Breeze Room or Si Como No?

Hello everyone. My husband and I are going to Manuel Antonio in April. I reserved a room at Arenas del Mar as it seemed like a really good deal. However, it is for the Ocean Breeze room, not a suite. I read some reviews on here that made it sound like the Ocean Breeze rooms are really small. I was wondering if any of you stayed in this type of room and what your thoughts were. I was also wondering if the pool has a swim up bar....? I'm contemplating cancelling and going to Si Como No instead. Has anybody been to both resorts? Any help would be great!

Thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arenas del Mar Ocean Breeze Room or Si Como No?

Arenas del Mar doesn't have a swim up bar, but there is a bar right next to both pools and they'll come take your drink orders by the pool or out on the beach (the one on the north side of the property). I haven't stayed at si como no so I can't really compare room sizes.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arenas del Mar Ocean Breeze Room or Si Como No?

Both hotels are really nice. The room you speak of at Arenas is fine for 2 people, and you aren't in your room much anyway. Their location to the beach is excellent, though location to restaurants is not. Si Como No on the other hand is very handy to walk to other restaurants, etc. However, Si Como No has no TV in the rooms. I know this seems trivial, but it can sometimes be a deal breaker, especially when it gets to raining and you want to just chill and watch the news or something. Enjoy!

Tustin, California
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arenas del Mar Ocean Breeze Room or Si Como No?

Thanks LivNLarge! Yeah....that is a bit of a bummer about the TV! NOt that I would want to spend my time indoors watching TV but it's nice to look at the news in the AM and PM. :-/

4. Re: Arenas del Mar Ocean Breeze Room or Si Como No?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 04:17