We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WWR Question

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Hyde Park, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
WWR Question

Am planning a WWR excurision for my family on the Naranjo River when we are in manuel Antonio at the end of this month (June). The hotel I am staying at (Los Altos) recommends a number of different outfits for this excursion - Wave Expeditions, H2O Adventures, Amigos del Rio, or Unique Tours. Any thoughts on which of these might be the best?

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
947 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WWR Question

Amigos del Rio is the ONLY company that we use....and we've been using them for many years......family owned and operated......(family members are on the tours daily)......VERY safety conscious......plus the guides are fun, knowledgeable about the area/wildlife......and truly want to provide an excellent experience.......there is a difference between these companies.

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: WWR Question

All of those are great companies, though I have also always leaned towards Amigos del Rio as well. They are very safety oriented, support protecting our rivers and the guides are very fun and professional. As mentioned though, they are all great companies. Enjoy!

New Hyde Park, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WWR Question

Has anyone heard of or have experience with Unique Tours? This is the company that my hotel (Los Altos) is recommending based on their guest feedback, but I don't see any reviews of them here on tripadvisor. I cannot help but wonder if the hotel has a deal with the excursion company and that's why they are pushing that option as the preferred provider. They will book my WWR trip for me for any company that I choose, but the default option for them seems to be Unique Tours.

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WWR Question

In reference to your last question about Unique Tours, I have not used any of the WWR tour companies in MA (sounds like from the initial feedback they are all pretty good) because I use a great outfit here in Dominical but I have known the owners of Unique Tours for about 6 years. I have sent several guest of mine to them with great feedback. They have been great supporters of the 5K/10K we created in Dominical from the very beginning 6 years ago and if they run their company anyway like they give back to the community, then I am sure it is first class.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: WWR Question

Unique tours is excellent and Julio and Kanutto will take great care of you. They are brothers that have been doing the wwr tours for years in our area, so you will be in good hands. Enjoy!

6. Re: WWR Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:18