We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some Surprises and Observations

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Some Surprises and Observations

Just returned from our trip to the Quepos/Manuel Antonio Area and first I wonder why (in the country that is either the largest or one of the larger exporters of Pineapple) the restaurants don't promote their fruits as Hawaii does? When we go to Hawaii, you pretty much get pineapple on every plate of food or at least you have the opportunity to load up on it until you are sick. It is one of the things you remember about Hawaii. Costa Rica (or at least the area we were in) does not promote their fruits as they should. And then a couple of observations.....We were outside a great deal of our time, sitting on our balcony at Tulemar Villas or hiking or doing excursions into the mountains and I can only recall seeing two mosquitoes and it appears to be a great concern in these forums. Trust me, Texas has far more! I was also surprised at how mild the temperatures and humidity was. It was almost perfect weather. I can only recall sweating a couple of times and that was when we were climbing great hills in the middle of the day. Just saying.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some Surprises and Observations

Really like your opinion...and suggestions...as a native maybe I can said...that for us is hard to recommend our fruits in this case as PIÑA...since we were kids...we growed up with PIÑA pinneaplle all around us...if we recommend the incredible number of great tropical fruits we have around ... that will be a very long reccomendation...but trust me it make sense your observation..

Glad that the mosquitoes did not gave you a hard time...maybe they were having good old PINEAPPLE that day!

roadadvisor

Canada
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some Surprises and Observations

Maybe it is because you weren’t in a hotel. Most Hotels have a breakfast buffet included in the price and they are always loaded with fruit. Plus, there are fruit stands everywhere. I love the fruit in CR. It tastes like fruit!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,531 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some Surprises and Observations

Breakfasts tend to include fresh, cut fruit and/or fruit juice. Other meals may have fresh juice instead of cut fruit. Ticos love to juice just about any kind of tropical fruit. I can never get enough fresh, tropical fruit when I'm in CR.

4. Re: Some Surprises and Observations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 06:20