We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souvenirs + Small Question

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
759 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Souvenirs + Small Question

Heya,

So we're heading to MA during the second week of August... never here - checked the weather and it's "scattered thunderstorms" every hour of the day.... that's gonna kill my beach day ***fingers crossed the weatherman got it wrong***

We're staying in Hotel San Bada... my questions as follows:

1- Any good spots (and in close-ish proximity) to shop for souvenirs?

2- So.. Hotel San Bada is located in Manuel Antonio... how close in proximity is that to Quepos?

3- I understand that Quepos is the main city there... so if I were to visit it... what can I expect to see?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel San Bada
Hotel San Bada
959 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Quepos
Quepos
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Souvenirs + Small Question

Quepos is relatively small, roughly three blocks by four blocks and 7 kilometers from the park. Catering basically to the local population in the area, you'll find a few butchers, fishmonger, lots of little sodas and restaurants too, bread store, grocery, bus station, fire station, post office, hardware, shoes/clothes, misc. sundries ... just about what a local would need for their home, family and such. You'll also find some restaurants/bars catering to the ex-pat locals and souvenir stores also. There is a feria (fresh vegetable market) on Friday (late afternoon) and Saturday til noon-ish on the seawall. A good photo opp and many locals frequent it weekly for good deals. Weatherwise, generally rain later in the day, possibly in the evening, maybe all evening! I know it's difficult but don't !! look at weather forecasts. They are basically meaningless and most times do not reflect what is actually happening. When the sun is shining, get out there and even when it's partly cloudy, be aware you can still get a scorching burn. Be careful with the tropical sun and have a great time!

Edited: 06 August 2013, 23:28
Mentioned in this post
Quepos
Quepos
Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Souvenirs + Small Question

There is a nice strip of souvenirs very close to SB on the main beach in MA, Ideally the best time to buy is late afternoon when the locals are getting ready to go home and they willing to lower their Price to take more cash home. Dont feel bad to negociated, the prices are set to get what they want after you ask for a disscount, if you can lower a little from the disscounted Price you are getting a deal. NATUREGUIDE

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Souvenirs + Small Question

Quepos is a small seashore town that honestly is nothing special, so don't get big expectations. Near Hotel San Bada are all sorts of hippy souvenier stands, plus a few other nicer ones as well. You can also find Regaleme, Mariposita souveniers (near Hotel Si Como No & Hotel Mariposa respectively) if you take a taxi on the short ride to Quepos, as well as Mot Mot souveniers under the Hotel Kamuk is excellent. There are other ones spattering in Quepos too, it won't be hard to find your way around, the town is only about 5 blocks any given direction! Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Quepos
Quepos
katy,Texas
Level Contributor
67 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Souvenirs + Small Question

Belive it or not i found best Tshirts and others at Airport. Quepos has only 2 small Tshirt shops and not very nice stores.

Mentioned in this post
Quepos
Quepos
5. Re: Souvenirs + Small Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 06:19