We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
481 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

For example, I am trying to book at Los Altos and the website keeps saying already sold out. Then, I randomly entered dates in Feb, March and it always says sold out.

Wondering if I should wait early next year to book. I seen so many hotels offer deals like 4th night free or discount on tours, etc for the next few months booking. Will they do the same for Easter week? Plan to spend 5 nights/4 days from April 13th-17th in a comfortable hotel that has great infinity pool with ocean view.

Thank you

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

You should definitely consider booking Easter dates as early as possible. There will likely not be much in the way of special deals that week since that is one of our busiest weeks of the year. If you are not showing availability on a hotel site and you really want to stay at that hotel, call them directly and see if they have space. Sometimes it can be a matter of a revenue manager (employee) not having entered the inventory on their site yet. If this hotel does not have space, there are many more that fit what you describe, though Los Altos is a great choice if you are a family or have several couples in your party. Enjoy!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
947 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

Book Now.....we are almost 50% sold out for Easter Week.....and LivNLarge is right.....there won't be any specials.....everything fills quickly at rates higher than normal March/April rates....there is still availability in most places....call the hotels directly.

Tulemar Dave

San Jose, Costa Rica
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

Good advice...BOOK NOW...for eastern week...

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

If you can book now, then do so. We were fully booked by January this year. Most places will ask for a minimum length of time that you stay - we say at least three nights - in this busy period and certainly no special offers. This time of year is the season for cheap deals if you are looking to save a few dollars.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

A short clarification..the correct is EASTER..!!

And thanks to all of you that noticed the other screen name...it was alraady corrected by Barbara at TA...Gracias Barbara!

roadadvisor

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
481 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

Thank you all for the information. Looks like we will have few more families joining us on the trip so the place we choose will be changing to more affordable for everyone.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

We're also traveling (family of 4) during that week. I booked all our hotels this week, and there were some I contacted that were already sold out in Arenal and Monteverde. Get on it if you have something specific in mind, especially if you're traveling with a group and need multiple rooms. Many hotels are small and have limited space to begin with.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
330 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

I booked in July for our end of March trip because our dates are not flexible and I had one particular place we want to stay. Since then that unit is completely booked so if I had waited I wouldn't have gotten my first choice.

Also, I was surprised at how limited my flight options were from the Northwest but the fares were $300 per ticket cheaper than our flight to Belize this year. So look at that now. I bought our tickets long ago and since then the prices have gone up. I don't imagine they will go down as it gets closer.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
481 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

Thank you all for the suggestions. I just booked at The Falls Resort after going crazy over several resorts with great pools and ocean views. In the end, I decided with The Falls resort because of the great reviews it gets plus the location. I get to enjoy walking into all nearby resorts to enjoy different meals and taking loads of pictures. I am using the savings from not booking at places like Si Como No, La Mariposa to book my last two nights at Finca Rosa Blanca :-) which I think will be the icing on the cake for my family trip to Costa Rica.

Nights 1 & 2

Surf Inn at Playa Hermosa (I fell in love with this village like location on my last Costa Rica trip)

Nights 3 - 7

The Falls Resort, Manuel Antonio

Nights 8 -9

Arenal Kokoro

Nights 10-11 (Close to airport)

Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn, Santa Bárbara, Heredia

Edited: 10 September 2013, 05:04
Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
481 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it too early to Book for Easter week April 13-19 2014?

Thank you all for the suggestions. I just booked at The Falls Resort after going crazy over several resorts with great pools and ocean views. In the end, I decided with The Falls resort because of the great reviews it gets plus the location. I get to enjoy walking into all nearby resorts to enjoy different meals and taking loads of pictures. I am using the savings from not booking at places like Si Como No, La Mariposa to book my last two nights at Finca Rosa Blanca :-) which I think will be the icing on the cake for my family trip to Costa Rica.

Nights 1 & 2

Surf Inn at Playa Hermosa (I fell in love with this village like location on my last Costa Rica trip)

Nights 3 - 7

The Falls Resort, Manuel Antonio

Nights 8 -9

Hotel Kokoro Arenal

Nights 10-11 (Close to airport)

Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn, Santa Bárbara, Heredia

Edited: 10 September 2013, 05:05