We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

Does anyone have any info or comments about this place.

Planning a trip in March. We are voting on the place tonight - I really like Tulemar but the places we were looking at are booked and there are only two options through them. A lot of my friends like the "open air" look of Vista Azul compared to the "modern" look of the Tulemar house.

Is Escape Villas a legit company? Any comments about that and this house are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

I've stayed at Casa Vista Azul with my wife and her family. Total group of 20 or so. It's a great house. We loved it. It's a little older than some of the other rental properties, but very well maintained. The room layouts and separate pool house are great for a lot of different large group sleeping possibilities. Escape Villas is a legit company.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

Thanks Eliot!

Are the pictures you find on the VRBO and Escape Villas fair representations of the house? (Basically the same pictures everywhere when you search "Casa Vista Azul" on Google).

Any other comments are greatly appreciated!

Edited: 09 September 2013, 15:39
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

Yes, those photos are accurate. I mean they are very much a professional shoot, but that's the house...

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

Thanks again Eliot.

If anyone else has any info, I would greatly appreciate it!

I like the amenities Tulemar properties offer, but the only 2 they have left that would work for us are not my favorite... I do like their Casa Ventanas property with the AC everywhere, but my group wants a more "jungle" feel, and Ventanas is more modern looking.

I guess I will go with Vista Azul and book a Tulemar property EARLIER next time! I guess 7 months in advance doesn't cut it anymore!

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

I stayed at Casa Las Ventanas a couple of years ago with my late husband and two other couples.

It's very modern architecturally, but it's surrounded by jungle. We liked to side open the large glass panels and just take in the jungle and the ocean breezes. The ocean views are breathtaking, especially by moonlight. It felt like being in our own private retreat.

During the day it can get quite hot, and I was really happy we had the full A/C.

It's a cherished memory of mine, staying there. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

This will be my 3rd time in Manuel Antonio and my first time in a house with ANY air conditioning... So, I'll take it just in the bedrooms!

I did like Ventanats, but the bed layouts and extra rooms at Vista Azul are better in case I have people add on...

The other property Tulemar had actually had plenty of rooms, but I don't know...

Vista Azul includes a chef, and that's a bonus we all like.

I do really like the Beach Concierge service Tulemar offers.

I'll definitely go with a Tulemar property in the future.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

Sounds like you made up your mind but just for the future, there are personal chefs for hire in Manuel Antonio and I'm sure the concierge at Tulemar could help you find one.

Bellingham, WA
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

We are booking CASA VISTA AZUL/MA for June 2014. I would love to hear back from you about your experience and anything you suggest that we should do. We are very excited to stay in this villa for my Mom's 80th birthday. Have fun and I hope to hear from you after you get back

Randi

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

Allylam,

I know I could have hired a chef for a Tulemar rental. Basically, we choose this house because we only have to pay for 5 bedrooms, but could add on 2 more bedrooms if needed. We might have a few more people jump on, we might not. I really want to use Tulemar in the future and book early so we can get the full selection of properties.

Shesrgal,

That's awesome! I will definitely write a house report and a trip report when I return! I wish I could find more reports on the house, but there only seems to be a single "review" in the TA forums. I will also be sure to take pictures of the house and send them your way!

I wrote a fairly detailed trip report when I last visited, but I stayed at a different house... you can dig it up through my username.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Vista Azul - Escape Villas

I placed the deposit on Casa Vista Azul, so there really isn't any turning back now!

If anyone else has more information about the property I would appreciate it!

Looking forward to March!