We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

I realize from a budget perspective these two couldn't be more distant from each other, but does anyone feel that Tulemar is worth the extra $800 over 4 nights?

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

Haven't stayed there but I can give an enthusiastic 2 thumbs up for La Posada! The staff is just amazing, so helpful, friendly and just fun and the breakfasts were really, really good! Also, the wildlife in the park,comes out of the park to visit! We saw Squirrel Monkeys and toucans right at the hotel. Also the location can't be beat, it's right at the gate to the park.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

Big differences on both the budget and location. Tulemar is up on a hill with amazing views and private pools scattered around the property. Their private beach is down a long hill but you just call and they pick you up and take you down & back when you want. There are a few things you can walk to from there: a market, car rental, a few restaurants but the rest you really need to take a taxi or the local bus to because the main road is long, winding and very narrow so it's not good to walk on and definitely not after dark.

La Posada is right next to the national park, walking distance to the local beach, and it's flat so you can walk everywhere....it's close to the small town there so many options for restaurants as well as market, etc. This will definitely give you more of a Costa Rica feel because it is a more modest place and you'll have more interaction with the staff as Tulemar you're more on your own and feels more upscale (aka more American). Hope that helps you...with either choice you can't go wrong!!!

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
178 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

Think about doing both! That is what I am thinking of doing for my trip in August. I am thinking about possibly staying at Posada for a few nights to visit the park and restaurants because I will be close by and also getting more of a feel for the real cr and then going to either Arenas del Mar or Tulemar for a few nights. Just another option to think about if you cannot decide.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

For that much difference, stay at La Posada. Both are excellent though, but I'm betting the Tulemar choice would be quite a bit more luxurious, so it may depend on your travel style!! Enjoy!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
202 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

I say try both and gain you own opinion ....two totally different places in the same area ... should be really fun ...I think you will like both for different reasons

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,852 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

They are really hard to compare as you know. Comes down to personal preference... I am more a Posada kind of guy. Laid back, excellent location, and a great price. Tulemar is awesome but just more of a higher end experience then I normally look for. Lots of hills in Tulemar, you will get a work out which is not a bad thing in general. Good advice to maybe spend time in both.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

Agreed with INCA and in IMHO hard to find anything better than Tulemar...worth it every penny you pay for!

roadadvisor

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

Ok based on the response and the unavailability of La Posada on my last night, i'm thinking 2 nights @ La Posada then the last 2 nights @ Tulemar, has anyone done this or does anyone know what the move between would be like? Do I need to arrange transportation of some sort?

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

They are not that far apart, but you can't walk the distance if that's what you mean! A taxi will be fine if all you have is your luggage.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tulemar Bungalo or La Posada

Taxis come and go from the entrance to the park quite frequently (except on Monday when the park is closed) so you should simply be able to pick one up after you check out. If you're not comfortable with that, ask one of the staff at La Posada to call you a taxi. It will likely arrive quickly to transport you to Tulemar. You don't need to prearrange anything. Once the call is placed, dispatch will send the closest one that is avail. Very easy!

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...