We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel la mariposa

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel la mariposa

After doing some research, I am considering staying at the La Mariposa in Manuel Antonio. The reason I am going in this direction is that it seems like the hotel grounds and location would be ideal for me as I am an amateur photographer and my wife is use to the Sandals type resorts in Jamaica.

A question I have is, are there in fact decent priced restaurants in walking distance to this hotel? I am getting mixed information as to if it is in walking distance to town. I am looking not to spend a to of money, as the main reason I am going to Costa Rica is to photograph birds and scenery and my wife likes to spend time on the beach.

I gather this hotel is fairly close to Manuel Antonio Park which is another reason why I am leaning towards this hotel. (This hotel is at the high end of my budget, but based on the reviews it might be worth it.)

another issue I am not too sure of is via Expedia, there were no transportation arrangements. I have not booked this hotel yet, as I was hoping some of you would chime in and give your opinions. I gather it is about a 3hr ride from SJO. what is the average cost and who would you suggest I book this with?

Finally, I made all these decisions based on reading reviews and price and available dates. My ultimate objective was to find a nicer hotel for my wife that was close to a beach. I was looking for scenery to photograph, and chose this area because it seems to have both of these. My first choice was the All inclusive Allegro in the North West region, but it seems to be remote and not close to anything of interest.

Feel free to make other better suggestions if my choices are completely off track.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel la mariposa

Yes some great small restaurants walking distance to Mariposa...by the way...Mariposa is the hotel that started everything around Manuel Antonio...founders Garth and David choosed a great location...for me maybe the best...

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel la mariposa

Everything is fairly close in our area, and if the hotel does not have a shuttle to the beach, the bus is cheap, easy and passes every 30 minutes or so. Mariposa also is not hard to hike down to some of the beaches, however the hike back up is not for the physically challenged. You will also find you are close to walk to many many food options, cheaper ones are a little further for walking (think Costa Rica "sodas"). For transportation, if you are looking for the cheapest method try interbus, grayline or easyride shuttles. Otherwise, the private drivers are informative, flexible and fast to get to the area, or you can fly in on Sansa or Nature Air if you want to get here the fastest and don't mind paying a little more. Enjoy!

3. Re: Hotel la mariposa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 06:19