We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing charter

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
123 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
fishing charter

I've been looking up fishing charters in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area and most of what I'm finding offers charters for 4 people max. Does anyone know if there are companies with boats large enough to take more? I'm visiting with a group of 12, it's possible that all 12 would want to come. Is this crazy?

lakeontario
10 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: fishing charter

Too many on the boat. Be safe first.

Maybe get 2 boats and have a little tournament.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,025 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: fishing charter

We fish a lot and own 2 boats,. We would not consider taking 14 souls out on the Ocean in a 40' boat.... fishing 8 on a 52' or 60' with a few "riding along" is doable if they are smart enough to stay out of the way, well out of the way when a billfish is on. I would take 2 boats 6 per boat or just take one boat with the serious fishermen/lady anglers. Let the others take a relaxing boat tour..... We find taking people on a fishing boat who are not interested in fishing results in a less pleasant experience for all aboard, It can be a long day for them.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: fishing charter

I think that's a great suggestion, obxpat. And I agree with you about the number of people based on boat size. (Based on experience as a commercial fisherman.)

If you love fishing, then a day on the water passes very quickly and you go home tired, achy, sunburned and smiling.

If you don't love fishing, then a day on the water with those who do will seem like an eternity and leave you tired and cranky.

I would definitely split the party up.

Quepos, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: fishing charter

I would be very careful because their maximum is eight people plus the crew and I can tell you their A/C DOES NOT work!!! Excellent crew

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
123 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: fishing charter

Excellent advice, thank you all. I'll find out who is seriously interested in fishing and just take those folks.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: fishing charter

I have been on the Fastrek boat with 13 people and we had plenty of space. We took turns fishing and had a great and successful day. The pricing was very comfortable too. Enjoy!

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: fishing charter

hi i am interested in your charter boat for nov 9th. Does it have satellite tv?? we want to watch nfl and fish all day.

jps5272@gmail.com

patrick

18. Re: fishing charter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio