We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st visit to Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio plus Arenal

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
110 posts
311 reviews
Save Topic
1st visit to Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio plus Arenal

How does 3 nights at Arenal plus 3 nights at Manuel antonio stack up for our first visit to Costa rica? Will be flying in and out of San Jose and renting car. Does this sound do-able? Wish it could be longer but time and money do not permit. Visiting in late May 2013. Suggestions for place to stay in Manuel appreciated ( near or on beach? ) Trip is myself my husband + three kids ages 19 to 25.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,764 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st visit to Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio plus Arenal

Yes, this is a good split of your short time in Costa Rica. As for places to stay, you should read Hotels reviews section here. For Manuel Antonio, I have stayed and enjoyed La Posada Jungle Bungalows. Next door to NP entrance, 5 min by foot to beach.

Quepos, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st visit to Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio plus Arenal

Take a look at Pete's Place in Manuel Antonio, it is a house with private yard & swimming pool. It is located about half way between Quepos and Manuel Antonio close to restaurants, shopping, bus stop and taxis. Go to Pete's Place Manuel Antonio and check it out

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st visit to Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio plus Arenal

So, do you have 6 total days including flight days, or do you have 6 days PLUS flight days?

If your flight arrives in the afternoon, you may need to stay the night in Alajuela by the airport. Also, if you plan on driving the the airport from Manuel Antonio then your flight needs to leave later in the afternoon.

Most people choose to stay the night of arrival and the night before departure near the airport.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
110 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st visit to Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio plus Arenal

I was looking at a flight that gets to San Jose around 11:30 am so i thought that would give enough time to drive to Arenal area; leaving the flight is 2:30 pm which could be a little tight; this would be a saturday to Saturday trip, so I guess in reality 7 nights. doable?

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st visit to Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio plus Arenal

Yes.

The arrival time will work. Yeah, the departure time is a little tight, but as long as you leave MA early, you should be ok.

6. Re: 1st visit to Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio plus Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 04:35
Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st visit to Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio plus Arenal

Sounds like you have a good plan and all that you mention is doable without too much stress, including the return to the airport which times out perfectly in my opinion if you leave MA around 9-9:30am. Plus you get the best of both worlds with your plan.....hot springs and volcano and beach fun with tours to end your adventure. Enjoy!

8. Re: 1st visit to Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio plus Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:18