We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran tours?

connecticut
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Catamaran tours?

Has anyone had any experiences with the snorkeling tours in MA?

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran tours?

We went on a snorkeling excursion out of Quepos. It was a good day and would do this again. The snorkeling wasn't the best.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran tours?

Snorkeling isn't great here in CR, but the coast is awesome and getting out on the water is a good way to get a different perspective. IMO go for it.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
993 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran tours?

I agree with Incabod.....if you're going to go.....go for the experience of seeing the coastline and maybe some big fish......the snorkeling is just OK......but not the big draw......and I prefer the smaller boats.....not the big "party boats".

Tulemar Dave

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran tours?

I recommend Planet Dolphin. Medium sized catamaran, good food, friendly staff.

connecticut
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamaran tours?

Thank you. I was thing of the medium boat. Do any of them stop at a beach?

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Catamaran tours?

Yes, the snorkeling is average at best, but the boat ride along with the dolphins (and whales in the right season) is very fun and gives for great views of the coastline. Planet Dolphin in a great company, the food served on the boat is excellent. They stop in a wonderful bay, but do not actually go to the beach. If you want a more customized experience, then you might want to consider Tres Ninos boats which will do the same tour for slightly more, though you are in control as to exactly where you go and what you do. Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catamaran tours?

I do, a very good one. Had all incluide, music, bar, snorkel, tour by Manuel Antonio and all the island around. Even have slides and you can jump by the top of the catamaran.

Miami, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Catamaran tours?

What company?

9. Re: Catamaran tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio