We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Places to Eat

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
Best Places to Eat

We will be staying at Tulemar/Buena Vista Villas soon and I was wondering where the best places to eat are and the type of atmosphere of each. Any recommendations are welcome and thanks in advance!

Mohrsville...
Level Contributor
215 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Places to Eat

The places I like are Barba Roja great 2x1 drink specials , view and live music .... Agua Azul awesome view and more U.S.type foods ..... Rafaels for the view and great seafood .... Cafe Milagro for breakfast and coffee .... And one of my favorites is Ronnys Place for their drinks and Whole fried red snapper .... Lots to choose from ... your concierge from Tulemar will probably recommend alot of the same and a few more ...most are within walking distance from Tulemar / Buena Vista

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Places to Eat

Thanks for the recommendations We are really looking forward to our trip.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Places to Eat

Victoria's Italian is practically across the street. Really good pizza and pasta and the wait staff was great.

Next door, Kapi Kapi is a little more expensive but really nice upscale atmosphere.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Places to Eat

We LOVED Barbra Roja too. I think Ronny's place was over priced and hyped. (although nice) Eat at the $4-$7 (more expensive is not better when it comes to CR food) casado places near the park. Sooooo delicious. The Mango crepes at Café Milagro are super yummy.

Have a great time at Tulemar. That is where I stayed last August. It's wonderful.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,448 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Places to Eat

Kapi Kapi...

roadadvisor

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
826 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Places to Eat

I second Café Milagro for breakfasts and lunches. Excellent!

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Places to Eat

There are so many great choices right outside the gates of Tulemar. Try Salsipuedes, Barba Roja, Victorias Café Milagro, Emilios, Agua Azul, Kapi Kapi and many more. All are very beach casual with a great vibe, Kapi Kapi would be a little more upscale vibe if that is what you are looking for. Many many other great options a short cab ride away! Enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Places to Eat

You guys are the best. Thanks to all!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Places to Eat

El Arado is our favourite place when staying in MA. Great local family run place serving grilled meats at reasonable prices. Fantastic whole red snapper.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Places to Eat

You should try the Barbecue Chicken sandwich at Agua Azul. Mmmmm. Delicious!!!