We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

I'm deciding between Tulemar Bungalows and La Mansion Inn. Both have the ocean views I want. Which would be better for an adult couple without children? Which has the nicest rooms views and balconies? We use to always stay in villas with our children. However they are in college now, so It will only by my husband and me. The Mot Mot units at Tulemar are full, so they were offered us a 1 Br. Tulemar Bungalow at about the same price as La Mansion.

Thank you,

Sandy

Mohrsville...
Level Contributor
213 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

Well it really comes down to the amenities you are looking for... while La Mansion looks great and does get good reviews I'm not sure you can beat all Tulemar has to offer ...Private beach with service ...Personal concierge .. 4 pools ... walking distance to many other bars and restaurants ... atm across the street .... no hotel type atmosphere either.... will be heading there in 20 days for the second time and it was a no brainer for me and our friends once again !

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
80 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

Tulemar, LA mansion is great but you can't beat the beach and the fact you are walking distance to some of the best restaurants in Manuel Antonio.

Tracy, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

Read my review of tulemar. Doesn't get any better!!

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

Tulemar hands down

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
520 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

:)

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

There were no rooms (studios) with balconies or ocean views available at Tulemar. They did offer a unit with no view or balcony for $150 a night. I ended reserving a studio at Makanda. These units have great views.

Sandy

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

Excellent choice! You'll love Makanda!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

Tulemar is the place...Makanda not a big deal...

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

Tulemar is fabulous, but does have a certain family atmosphere. La Mansion has an adult only atmosphere and beautiful rooms, though the décor is definitely not to my taste. Tulemar has much better access to restaurants if that is important to you. If you have a rental car, then that is not even an issue. So in the end the service is great at both properties making either one great choices, it just depends on your priorities. Enjoy!

10. Re: Tulemar Bungalows or La Mansion Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:15