We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in the rain in Maunel Antonio?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
319 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in the rain in Maunel Antonio?

We're going to MA next week. I realize that our trip is in the heart of rainy season. My boyfriend will be surfing, rain or shine. Any suggestions for me since laying in the sun may be out of the question? Thanks!

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in the rain in Maunel Antonio?

Tour the park, mangrove tour, white water rafting, snorkling... yes I could go on. fishinfjohn

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in the rain in Maunel Antonio?

Nolegirl,

Although it is the rainy season, you can usually expect that it won't rain till after about 1.00 PM. So get up early -you'll probably have a few good hours to lay in the sun and work on your tan. (of course you can never predict the weather.)

Get yourself an umbrella. Go into Quepos and look around. Have a drink at one of the bars either in Manuel antonio or Quepos, have a Quepochino at Cafe Milagro, go to Supermas and stock up on food and beverages, go to an Internet cafe, relax and read a book....

raquel

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in the rain in Maunel Antonio?

All great info! Even in the rainy season, watching a sudden storm over the Pacific from a covered restaurant/bar is spectacular. In addition, the Manuel Antonio area boasts several excellent spas ... consider massage treatments, facials and such. Lisa