We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selvatura and Monteverde CF Reserve - too much the same?

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Selvatura and Monteverde CF Reserve - too much the same?

After 2 days in Arenal, my husband and I will drive to Monteverde. We plan to spend 3 nights and two full days there. We thought we would spend one day at Selvatura ziplining, walking some of the trails, and seeing some of their exhibits. We thought we'd spend the second day at Monteverde Cloud Forest and we have hired a guide for a half day (morning). Will these things be too much the same? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on what else we should see/do instead?

Thank you in advance for all your help!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Selvatura and Monteverde CF Reserve - too much the same?

The whole area is a cloud Forest but I think you have a great plan. The Monteverde Cloud Forest reserve is great hike and you will be happy about keeping both tours.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,524 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selvatura and Monteverde CF Reserve - too much the same?

Dear Mary

Based on my experience as a guide...most people will choose adventure and exploration...

Adventure...SELVATURA...soft adventure tour...nice location but of course the whole area is focus on adventure...

EXPLORATION...mostly like Monteverde CF Reserve...plants...birds...nice huge trees..nice easy hikes...most people that enjoy this are people that are mostly into nature..

In my case I love either one...

Please enjoy our country as much as we do!

roadadvisor

CA
Level Contributor
110 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selvatura and Monteverde CF Reserve - too much the same?

my husband and i did both for part of our honeymoon. loved both! selvatura was so much fun (the canopy was amazing). we did the mv park just as it was about to close--it was peaceful and almost magical with the setting sun beaming off of the clouds within the forrest.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,524 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Selvatura and Monteverde CF Reserve - too much the same?

Dear kgeminii...

So nice to read your nice words about our country and Monteverde in special...I love when you siad...ALMOST MAGICAL...I love it...I feel the same way it is MAGICAL there!

Please come back soon...we love positive people like you in our country!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Selvatura and Monteverde CF Reserve - too much the same?

Thank You kgeminii for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you had a great time in this beautiful area of Costa Rica

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Selvatura and Monteverde CF Reserve - too much the same?

Thank you all for your comments. I will keep the plan as is.

7. Re: Selvatura and Monteverde CF Reserve - too much the same?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Monteverde Cloud...