We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Monteverde Cloud Forest from La Fortuna?

Kansas
Level Contributor
89 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Monteverde Cloud Forest from La Fortuna?

We will be staying at the Volcano Lodge for 4 nights at the end of December and are considering a day trip to Monteverde Cloud Forest. How much time would we need to allow for this? What is the best way to travel from the Volcano Lodge/LaFortuna area to the cloud forest? Is this a good way to spend a day? Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Monteverde Cloud Forest from La Fortuna?

Dear Renee26

SORRY but in my humble opinion is not worth it...to much time and not enough time once you get to Monteverde!

roadadvisor

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,282 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Monteverde Cloud Forest from La Fortuna?

I agree completely with roadadvisor on this one. It's a 3 hour drive or boat ride and taxi to Monteverde and why anyone would want to spend 6 hours in transit to visit Monteverde for 2-3 hours in the middle of the day is beyond me. Monteverde is a cloudforest and best appreciated in early morning or late afternoon when the birds and wildlife are most active. Not an option on a daytrip.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Monteverde Cloud Forest from La Fortuna?

It is too long of a day top do it as a day trip. You would not reaslly enjoy the area

4. Re: Day trip to Monteverde Cloud Forest from La Fortuna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2012, 10:23