We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to zipline?

dallas
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
where to zipline?

I have never been ziplining or neither has my wife. To be honest I don't like rollercoasters rides but will really like to try ziplining since we are in Costa Rica. Any recommendation on which one to try?

Telluride, CO
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to zipline?

There are zipline (canopy) tours all through Costa Rica. I really like Midworld Canopy in Manuel Antonio, I also like Arenal Sky Tram and Trek, and Selvatura in Monteverde. You can't go wrong with these.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,433 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to zipline?

The Original Canopy Tour in Monteverde is also very good. Sky Trek is known for having some of the longest, highest lines in the country. We used them in Arenal and loved it.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to zipline?

I like Selvatura in Monteverde. They have plenty of cables of varying lengths and heights. The Tarzan swing is a lot of fun as well. The price is reasonable and includes transportation.

dallas
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to zipline?

Thank you for the great tips. Are these zip line tours kid friendly?

Telluride, CO
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to zipline?

Yes all of these are kid friendly. If you have little ones, they will go with a guide. Totally safe, and totally fun for the kids!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,433 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to zipline?

Some of them do have age restrictions. I know that Sky Trek won't take any kids under the age of 8.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to zipline?

I agree with salvatura. Great time and the price was good. The guys working the lines were pretty funny and helped anyone who was nervous relax with their antics. Also they will pick you up and drop you off at your stay which is included in the price.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to zipline?

Sky Treck in Arenal it is just incredible!

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to zipline?

Sky Adventures in Monteverde

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: where to zipline?

They are all good but I vote for Selvatura great tour and a lot less expensive than the combination of Sky tram/Sky trek. The original canopy tour is also a great option.

Get answers to your questions about Monteverde Cloud...