We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle or private transfer

new york
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle or private transfer

Trying to decide between shuttle (Interbus) and private transfer between Arenal(staying at Silencio del Campos)and Montezuma. Would the travel and/or route be substantially different? I.e. is there a more scenic route to be chosen if one goes by private car? Are there a lot of places one might want to stop along the way? We are two people, myself and my eleven-year-old daughter, so the cost would be substantially different, but I am willing to pay if the advantages are sufficient, as we are doing a lot of travelling. Thanks.

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle or private transfer

Would the travel and/or route be substantially different? Probably not.

Is there a more scenic route to be chosen if one goes by private car? Are there a lot of places one might want to stop along the way? Not really. The big difference is in how you choose to get to the PAH. Once you're on the PAH its pretty much heading straight down to the Puntarenas turn-off and taking the Ferry across the gulf to Paquera and then basically just one route to take on the other side as well. The shuttle will probably go by way Tigre and San Ramon. By private car you could also possibly go by way of San Carlos (Ciudad Quesada), Zarcero and Naranjo. It is a longer way to go, particularly if you are heading on down to the coast, but there are a few more interesting places to stop depending on how far out of the way you want to go (namely Zarcero or possibly Saarchi). Both ways of getting to the PAH are very scenic. Once you pass San Ramon on the PAH, there is one more possible detour you could make, which comes shortly before the Puntarenas turnoff, and that is Esparza. Iguana Park is about halfway between that turnoff and San Mateo.

We are two people, myself and my eleven-year-old daughter, so the cost would be substantially different, but I am willing to pay if the advantages are sufficient, as we are doing a lot of travelling. Thanks.

new york
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle or private transfer

Thankks for your response. The shuttle it is.

3. Re: Shuttle or private transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 18:19