We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time between flights

Door County WI
Level Contributor
299 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
time between flights

How much time should I leave between flights at sjo? I understand Sansa and Nature Air are my choices to fly to Tambor. Is one better than the other?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
10,858 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time between flights

Both airlines are fine. If you're flying in and then shifting to a domestic flight it's best to leave 2.5-3 hours between flights. Customs might take 45 minutes, but it might also take 90 minutes. Then you head upstairs to departures, check in and have to clear security. On a couple of occasions it has taken us nearly an hour to clear security with lines stretching outside the building. Usually it's not so bad but you never can tell. If you fly SANSA, you'll need to walk to their separate terminal, 5-10 minutes west of the main terminal but you won't have to worry about security lines. If you fly Nature Air you might luck out & find an airline employee at Customs who can expedite the process, recheck the bags & save you from the security line, but there isn't someone routinely stationed there from Nature Air.

If you're flying domestically into SJO and then connecting to an international flight, you'll need roughly 3 hours so you can collect your luggage and then head up to departures to check in for your overseas flight. Both the airlines & the airport recommend you arrive 3 hours before international departures.

2. Re: time between flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2018, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Montezuma