We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

I've seen it raved about and I can't remember if it's north or south of town and if you can reach it by walking on the beach from Ylang Ylang. Anyone?

Thanks!

Ahsahka, Idaho
Level Contributor
252 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

sodas are the small tico mostly open air cafes. soda is a general term. Lots of sodas around.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

Travelicious now I'm curious too...I have eat at that soda that you mentioned...but I'm really getting old...and I do not remember if I do...I will let you know or the other way around!

roadadvisor

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

idahoraghorn -- I'm pretty aware of what a soda is but thank you! :-)

roadadvisor -- Yes, I'll be sure to post back if/when I find out the name. I think it was mentioned in a recent trip report for just being outstanding and a do not miss!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

I just got back from Montezuma today. I tried to eat at as many different places as possible while I was there. This soda I ate at was definitely one of my favorite meals. They served mostly only sushi, sashimi, and the like. I had a wonderful "Spicy Tuna Salad" there. It is unfortunately one of the only places I ate at that I forgot to take a picture of, but...

If you walk north from Chico's to the library and then hop onto the beach, its only a couple minute walk down next to the volleyball courts. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anymore advice on Montezuma, Travelicious!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

There is a Soda right on the beach that had the most delicious smoked Tuna, I too can not remember the name....Maybe its something they are slipping in the water in Montezuma...

Inca

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

Well, I'm definitely hungry now and you can be assured I will find it!

Dallas, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

I believe the name of the soda is Playa de las Artistas. I remember having sushi etc on big tree stump tables.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

Playa de los Artistas is a great restaurant but not the one in question. The one I am thinking of is right on the corner to the beach and the town....Smoked Tuna...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

Agree I ate a Playa de los Artistas at the patio...incredible...but that is not the Soda we all are looking for!

roadadvisor

Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for the name of soda right on the beach in Montezuma

Me & my amigo ,from S.J.& (me from N.Y.) just bought freash caught fish from the local fishermen & took it home to our place & cooked it up.yummm Most places here have kitchen facilities. i know ya'd rather not cook for yerself while here but i just thought i'd mention... bon apitite.