We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
151 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback riding

We will be in Montezuma in a couple of weeks and really wanted to do a horseback ride with Marvin of El Pinto Expeditions based on TA's great reviews. However, I emailed him twice and did not get a response. Then my husband called him and he said for us to email him and he would give us all the details. We emailed him again but never rec'd a response. We sent one last email again, this time in Spanish but again, no response. I am now looking for another option for a horse ride in the Montezuma area. I see an option for Finca los Caballos but don't see any reviews about their horserides. I'd like to do a more personal ride than a standard group tour. Any suggestions?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback riding

Don't fret. Wait until you get there and then arrange the tour. It is not necessary to arrange this activity ahead of time. These things do not work well when you attempt to make the arrangements before you get down there.....there are numerous reasons where this could go 'side-ways' on you. When you get to Montezuma, you will find a number of places that you can reserve a horseback riding tour for the day you would like.

Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback riding

My wife and I road with Marvin a couple years ago and really enjoyed it -- did a 4-5 hr sunset ride to Mal Pais and back. He's a good guy and has healthy and very good horses. I agree with Wefish that it's best to wait until you are there and give him another call. Your riding plans will ultimately depend on the weather which is a bit difficult to predict at this time of year.

3. Re: Horseback riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:15