We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paquera to Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Paquera to Montezuma

How is the drive from Paquera to Montezuma. I understand it takes about 1.5 hours but I'm wondering if it's rough road or pretty smooth. Would you feel comfortable driving that route at night? Thank you!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
531 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paquera to Montezuma

We haven't driven that way in 2 years, and it depends upon whether or not it's the rainy season. But, the last time we drove it, it wasn't bad at all. Just be aware that some of the road is paved and some isn't. So, of course, you need to be mindful of the potholes. Neither my husband nor I mind driving at night. You just have to watch out for the animals and people in the road. If you are the nervous Nellie type, I wouldn't drive it at nighttime.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paquera to Montezuma

Paved road from Paquera to Cobano. Should take about 45 min. The pavement ends outside of Cobano and the dirt road is a bit of a washboard, then you will get to pavement again at the top of the long hill down into Montezuma.

I would not drive that road at night if you are unfamiliar with it. There are no lines on the pavement and you could encounter pedestrians, cows, horses, dogs motorcycles with no lights, drunk drivers, people on bicycles without reflectors and lights and the list goes on.....no joke! If you are driving around Montezuma to get to restaurants from your accommodations, then don't worry, just be on your toes, but to drive form Paquera to Montezuma after sunset, that is a whole different endeavor.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paquera to Montezuma

Awesome replies, thank you! This gives us a great idea of what we're up against.

4. Re: Paquera to Montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:15