We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from San Jose to montezuma

2 posts
Save Topic
transportation from San Jose to montezuma

How much does it cost to get to Montezuma from San Jose. And what are different options for getting there?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,059 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from San Jose to montezuma

Private driver; flying to Tambor taxi to Montezuma; shared shuttle transfer; local bus.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from San Jose to montezuma

You can take public bus to Puntarenas ...walk or take a taxi to ferry...then take the bus at the other end to Montezuma....really cheap way...

roadadvisor

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from San Jose to montezuma

Thank you!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from San Jose to montezuma

For $15, you can catch the Direct bus from the San Carlos Atlantic Bus station down town San Jose, leaves at 6 AM and 2 PM. Takes you directly to Cobano where you transfer to s smaller bus or shuttle and it takes you to Montezuma (another 15 minutes).

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from San Jose to montezuma

Hi Alida S,

I recomend you take a fly, it´s more safe and you save time. A few years ago, a fly with Sansa and it was very good. You can see the information here: http://www.flysansa.com/

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
591 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation from San Jose to montezuma

The directo is a great way to go. Air conditioned and very few stops (the stretch from Montezuma to/from Cobano) has never been air conditioned for me, I've always had to be on the regular bus; I'm not sure why they call it the Montezuma Directo.

But if you're flying into SJO, the airport is not in San Jose, it's in Alajuela. The cost and logistics usually doesn't work out for me to go east from Alajuela to San Jose and then back west through Alajuela to Montezuma; it's usually much easier to pay more for the shuttle from Alajuela to Montezuma for $45 (I usually do the hotel pack with Montezuma Expeditions and save even more). The taxi ride cost and timing and spending more time is usually worth more than the $30 to me (and most times my flights get in late enough to where I need to spend the night anyways).

On the way back from Montezuma to Alajuela I always take the directo bus and they'll let me out at the SJO airport (tell them "Airport" when they put your luggage under the bus).

Gary

7. Re: transportation from San Jose to montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:16