We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

Hi, I have seen some pictures of the Congo Cabina at the bosque and was hoping someone out here has some pics of the Mariposa cabina so my fiance and I can pick which cabina for our honeymoon. Thanks, looking to book the trip for end of nov beginning of december this weekend. Pete

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

Hi Pete -- It looks like you're not having much luck on you Mariposa pic's quest. I suggest you e-mail BDC direct. I know others who have requested pics and have gotten them without a problem. Good luck!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

Hi,

Travel thanks I will try that. I didnt want to bother Phil or Leonardo again. I have probably asked them a hundred questions already. I will try and email them for the pics though and see what comes about it. Thanks Peter

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

Hi,

I really like the Mariposa cabin due to the hammock and bathtub, is the view that much of a downgrade compared with congo. Thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,255 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

Pete's bird,

Though I am personally partial to this Forum, for your specific question you may get a better response on Fodor's. There seem to be a group Bosque del Cabo gurus who post there...

Good luck raquel

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

Agree with Raquel re: Fodors. I'm more of a regular over there (as hipvirgochick) and there seem to be more repeat CR travellers on that forum, especially for BDC.

That said, I don't believe there's such thing as a "downgrade" between Mariposa and Congo. Either one will be fantastic!

Illinois
Level Contributor
832 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

It is really a matter of personal preference. The first time we went we got Congo and I loved it. The view is fantastic and better, in my opinion, than Mariposa.The second time we went to Bosque it was booked solid and we had to move to Mariposa for one night. There is an outdoor bathtub but that is just what it say, an outdoor bathtub. It is on the end of the row of cabinas and is very lush but I really preferred Congo. I know that Leonardo would not mind sending pictures. We have also stayed in a standard there and not been disappointed. You will have a great time in either one.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

pete hope you rec'd the pics I sent of Mariposa. I really would be happy in any of the cabinas, and Mariposa is one of the more requested cabinas. Congo I prefer just for the view. You seriously can't go wrong with any of them.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

Hi,

Midori yes i got them and leonardo sent some also. Thank you very much everyone. My fiance and I are going to sit through and look at everything and make a decision this weekend. Thanks for all the help, we really appreciate it. Pete and Laura

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

Hi,

First off I want to thank everyone for their responses to all of my questions. Secondly we will not be able to make it to Costa Rica for our honeymoon. We have found out our bridal party has paid for a cruise for the entire bridal party to go on after the wedding. But my fiance and I are still planning on going to BDC. We will postpone until about Feb of 2009 for our trip there. Since the cruise is being paid for by the wedding party we will still have funds to take this trip. I would like to still thank everyone for their help and we cannot wait to go to Costa Rica. The thought of having nature all around you is truly an experience of a lifetime and my desire is to experience that. Midori and Travelicious have been a tremendous help and our thanks go out to you. Thanks again Peter and Laura

10. Re: Bosque Del Cabo Congo vs. Mariposa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 05:22