We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on specific Bosque del Cabo cabinas

Chicago
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Opinions on specific Bosque del Cabo cabinas

My fiance and I are set on spending 4 nights in BDC in early August during our honeymoon. We are trying to decide between deluxe vs. standard cabinas.

I would greatly appreciate any advice from those of you who are experienced with BDC. A couple questions I currently have:

1. Would my fiance and I be perfectly comfortable in a standard cabina? (We'd like to save a few bucks if possible)

2. If you have any advice or opinions on the following cabinas -- Manglillo, Mariposa, Bambu, Sol -- I'd love to hear it!

Thanks so much!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions on specific Bosque del Cabo cabinas

The main differences are that Mariposa, Congo & Lapa have decks along the ridge, so you have a broader view of the water, plus having the deck area to lounge around on. The other deluxes have patio areas between the cabina & the edge of the cliff; the classics (standards) do not have the patio area. For your honeymoon I might opt for Mariposa as it is the most private as it only has a cabina on one side of it with the forest on the other, an outdoor tub and the deck or for Congo (which is next to Mariposa) which has the most stunning views imho. That said, all of them are very nice and I would not hesitate to stay in any of them. Congrats and have a good time.

Suttons Bay...
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions on specific Bosque del Cabo cabinas

My husband and I stayed in Pizote, a standard cabina, in early March this year. It had a lovely view over the Pacific, was quite private and very comfortable. The only thing we didn't like was that it had two double beds that were the old 'full size' - not queens. The deluxe cabinas have king beds and we really wished there had been one available. If it were my honeymoon, I'd go for the deluxe. On the other hand, those little beds can be pretty cozy :-)!

Chicago
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions on specific Bosque del Cabo cabinas

Thank you both for your advice. Are the decks/patios of the deluxe cabinas shielded from the rain? I think that would be neat to sit out there during the afternoon showers (since we'll be there in the green season).

I had thought that the standard cabinas also had some sort of deck/porch/patio. Is this not the case?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinions on specific Bosque del Cabo cabinas

Yes, they all have porches with chairs on them, most of them wraparound on two sides, some three sides. These are all covered by the rain. The deck or patio areas on the deluxes are in addition to that and those are not shielded from the rain. I will grab some pics of some of them and pm you a link.

Suttons Bay...
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinions on specific Bosque del Cabo cabinas

Pizote had a nice covered porch with rockers and a hammock - very comfortable. There really wasn't much in the way of a sitting area inside - but we wouldn't have used it anyway, it was so wonderful to sit out there and watch the macaws and pelicans fly by or the monkeys swinging through the trees! Writing about it makes me want to go back!!

6. Re: Opinions on specific Bosque del Cabo cabinas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 13:19