We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animals when can i see them????

Florida
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Animals when can i see them????

Weve been thinking about visitng Osa either in December or May. MY worry is that durig the dry season maybe animals wont come out. And I really want to see animals there. Is this a legitimate concern or are their always animals???

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animals when can i see them????

www.corcovado.org

always animals

get up early or take a night tour...

Florida
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Animals when can i see them????

sweet!!! I get excited even if i see a hawk over here in florida LOL

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animals when can i see them????

December is either right after or on the cusp of the rainy/dry seasons, and May is technically in the rainy season -- so, you'll avoid the bulk of the dry season with either of your choices.

I was there this past March, and I have to say, I think we did experience less wildlife sightings than I thought we would. It hadn't rained since the beginning of December, so it was unusually dry and parched. I don't know if that affected the amount of wildlife we saw or not. It DID affect the amount of amphibious life, that's for sure (at least that's what a biologist guide told me).

So, I think either of your choices are going to be great times to be there.

4. Re: Animals when can i see them????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 06:20