We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no electricity

nashville Indiana
5 posts
Save Topic
no electricity

I really want to stay in one of the resorts in osa to be surrounded by wildlife and I am traveling with a 10 year old boy who would like to boogie board and zip line and my husband who needs electricty and some comforts like wifi. any suggestions to make everyone happy?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,090 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no electricity

Hard to find what you are looking for...maybe Paloma?

Osa is wildlife and adventure...for comforts the area is not so famous!

roadadvisor@hotmail.com

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no electricity

Though many of the nature lodges on the Osa are off the grid technically, most of them generate their own electricity via a combination of solar and hydro electric generators, so no worries there. You only really notice a difference at night -- the lights tend to be a little dimmer, but it's nice to have that much less light pollution. The night sky is out of this world! Don't forget to look up at night.

You might have more problems finding wifi, but I'm not knowledgeable about places where you can find that. The whole point of being there -- as you'll see -- is to be disconnected. It's wonderful not to have those distractions for a few days.

If your budget allows, check out Bosque del Cabo. Amazing place, stunning views, super comfortable, crazy wildlife. See the reviews on here. Perfect for a 10 y.o. You can hike to or be taken to the beach for boogie boarding/surfing. There is a zipline on the grounds, but it doesn't look too impressive, quite honestly -- more like zipline lite -- but you might be able to find a bigger one nearby? Others may have better suggestions for that.

Enjoy!

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: no electricity

hey honey,

3 yrs ago i flew into san Jose, rented a car, and spend 4 days driving south to the osa penisula. ended up stayed 10 days in amazing little resort called bosque del cabo (the drive isn't for the faint of heart) but the resort owns hummers equipped with engine snorkels they use to send after arriving guests (your son will love it). it's a younger married couple who own the property & they're cool as hell (they have done the resort right) after years ago purchasing thousands of acres to preserve wildlife it has just enough comforts of home but with the howler monkeys, tucans, jungle canopies, repelling worthy waterfalls, hikes, ocean, etc.... it's worth a look

best of luck on your search!

bry

www.bosquedelcabo.com

nashville Indiana
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: no electricity

thank you

nashville Indiana
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: no electricity

I was just watching some youtube videos of other ziplines wow ... zipline light looks good for me... Hehehe thankyou for your reply.... Im so excited to go there.

nashville Indiana
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: no electricity

that place looks amazing!!!! The animals leave you alone right?

I am imaging a puma dragging my shoes off in the jungle.....

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: no electricity

Here's their newer website: http://osapixels.com/boscabo/

Yes, the animals completely leave you alone -- that's the beauty. They aren't used to being fed and don't beg. If you're very lucky, you just might see a puma -- but it's rare.

Here's a great video also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rImSJxGbqTg

nashville Indiana
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: no electricity

thanks so much!!!! my hubby wants me to book it have after seeing that video! have you ever been in july????

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: no electricity

If you're really interested in knowing all about BdC, I'd recommend heading over to the Fodor's forum -- there are many diehard BdC fans who have been repeatedly and can give you all the info you'll ever need -- seriously: fodors.com/community/mexico-central-america/

I've personally never been in July, but I would totally go in July. I would go THIS July if I could! Have fun!

10. Re: no electricity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2009, 03:28