I wanted to go to Osa last year to find me a tapir and experience the beautiful national park, but it wasn't possible :-(
This summer, I want to try to make it happen but I have restricted dates. I'm travelling up by bus from David in Panama (to SJ, I guess) and I have some questions:
1. Does anyone know what route this will bring me on and how to best get to Carate? I'm not finding much on the internet and the CR bus schedule link isn't cooperating right now :-(
2. I would leave David on August 25th (24th at a push), but I need to be in SJ on the night of 29th (would catch bus up from Jimenez on the 29th?). I fly out from SJO on the afternoon of the 30th. I can't come earlier because of exams and can't stay longer because of flights! Is it possible in this short time frame?
3. I will be having this little adventure on my own, will I still be able to do a tour or are people just pushing for couples/ groups? I did find that attitude in Orosi :-(
Ideally, I'd like to do an overnight tour to Sirena...
4. Going to Carate from Jimenez, is collective easy enough or is taxi necessary? I think taxis must be quite pricey for one person?
5. I read somewhere that if weather is bad you can have issues getting out of Drake Bay, this isn't the same for Carate is it? I can't miss my flight home or I'll probably be sacked!
Thanks for reading and I hope you can help, even if just a little bit because I'm so confused! :-)