We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing In Southern Costa Rica

Northwest
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing In Southern Costa Rica

I'm looking for some advice about fishing in Southern Costa Rica. I am planning a family trip for the 2013-2014 Christmas/New Years time frame, and we are trying to decide between the Uvita, Puerto Jimenez, and Drake Bay areas. We might stay in more than one location. We've stayed in Uvita and Drake Bay before and loved both, but didn't spend much time fishing. There are four of us, including adventurous 11 and 14 year olds. One of our priorities this trip is fishing. We're not particularly interested in catching a trophy sail fish, but we'd definitely like to catch some tasty tuna, wahoo, or dorado. We don't necessarily need a fancy boat or an English-speaking captain. We've had great luck panga fishing with locals in Mexico. But we do need it to be reasonably safe and it would be great if it was successful. We definitely don't want to be crammed on a big boat with a bunch of drunken trophy fishermen. I've searched the site for fishing charters in all three areas and I'm not seeing an obvious answer to which is the best location for successful, reasonably-priced fishing.

Other activities we're interested in are SCUBA diving, wildlife viewing, and surfing, so a location that would be good for fishing AND those other activities is bonus. Any advice on finding a boat, lodges, or locations is appreciated. We are looking for an authentic local adventure.

Thanks for your advice!

1. Re: Fishing In Southern Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 00:35
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,872 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing In Southern Costa Rica

In your case nice the way you are doing it ...but the best is to find a good boat once you are there....incredible fishing as you already know around there...I do not see any problem to catch some nice ones around there...you just need a good capatain...and a safe boat...

roadadvisor

3. Re: Fishing In Southern Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:16