We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roca Dura

Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Roca Dura

Hello everyone, I am just wondering if anyone has any information on this house that is located at the end of the Matapalo road. I have not been able to find any reviews on it. Thanks, Nancy

Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roca Dura

So I am guessing no one is familiar with this property.

raleigh,nc
Level Contributor
109 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roca Dura

Just back from cabo matapalo and I don't know this particular house but we have hiked down from Bosque and their trail leads close to the end of the beach access road. If you want beachfront at a swimmable beach on the beach access road, you might want to look closer to the beginning or middle where the beach is more swimmable---at the end of the access road, its beautiful, but the beach is really rocky with a heavy undertow.

Wimberley, Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Roca Dura

We stayed at Roca Dura this summer for several weeks. We have stayed here several years in a row because we love it so much! The house is big, clean, and steps away from Playa Matapalo beach. The property has incredible wildlife, blooming tropic plants, and a large variety of fruit trips. This is an awesome place to be!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,805 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roca Dura

Linden, thank you so much for joining this forum today just to gave us your raving report about Roca Dura.

Since you must be an expert on that area, after staying there several weeks this summer (heck, i still need to start my summer vacations), and going there several years in a row, would you be so kind and share with the rest of us, Cabo Matapalo lovers, your insights? Best beach to swim, best place to surf, best road to hike? Gracias!

Edited: 02 August 2014, 23:45
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roca Dura

Thank you for asking XELAS...Im curious as well...humm

roadadvisor

Wimberley, Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Roca Dura

We go to the Cabo Matapalo area to surf and relax. There are 3 beaches that you can walk to from Roca Dura. You can swim and surf at all 3 beaches but most people swim at Pan Dulce. You can walk to 2 waterfalls. One waterfall is very close and the second is about a mile or so away. As far as roads to hike, there is just one road and it is beautiful. You can see all sorts of wild life just walking down the road. Wish I were there right now!

7. Re: Roca Dura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:15