We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoes for one day visit to Corcovado NP in april?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Shoes for one day visit to Corcovado NP in april?

Hello,I know this question is often asked. But I haven't found my answer yet in all the post that I have read. We will be in Drake Bay and Corcovado for 4 days in early april. We have hiking boots for the trails but I wander if our Speedo water shoes that we use for snorkeling and walking in water will do the job? To get out of the boat at La Sirena, I guess they are ok; but i am wandering if we can cross the rivers with those shoes? If they do the job, we will save some money in not buying shoes like the Keenes, or the Vibram. Any advice will be appreciated because we will start our CR shopping very soon and also, we want to pack as light as possible.

Thank you.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,000 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoes for one day visit to Corcovado NP in april?

They will do the job. There is no river crossings involved if you came by boat to Corcovado (or, they are easily avoided). For smaller streams you can do it barefoot or in Speedo.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoes for one day visit to Corcovado NP in april?

OK good, and for the others activities around Drake? And for walking on the beach around Drake Bay, is there rivers crossing involved that need better shoes?

3. Re: Shoes for one day visit to Corcovado NP in april?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:18